After the family left we geared up for Lolli's wedding and our trip to California. The week before Lolli got married Daniel's Uncle Wally died. It was very unexpected as we had just seen him the week before when we took my family up to Smith's Mesa. So we had a ton of people come into town for his funeral on Friday. We also got a call from Julene and Stevie Bowns that they were in town. It was great to see them even though it was just a short time and they gave Addy some cute stuff, I was also able to send back a gift for Denise's baby which I had been meaning to do. P.S. Denise I made the fruit pizza and Karli I made the Cherry Chocolate Brownie stuff for the funeral dinner and they were the first things gone on the dessert table! Anyways Addy was a little grouchy with the schedules being completly crazy because people were staying up to talk until 2 am every night, but it was good to see everyone. There was a baby shower for Shelley that night and then the next morning was the sealing. I love going to the sealings here because it's where Daniel and I were sealed and it is also a white wedding because you have to go through the Celestial Room, so it always feels a little more special to me. After the wedding we took a small nap and then went to help get everything ready for the reception. It was good there was chicken fettucine and salads and an ice cream sunday bar. I was super sad because the next day was fathers day and also the night I left for Vegas because our plane left Sunday morning. Daniel was so cute he was sad we were leaving more so I think that I was taking Addy away.
LaRae and I survived the plane ride to California. It was fun to see Will's family. Daniel came Wed night and I was so happy to see him. We went to the party (Daniel's uncles 50th wedding anniversary in Santa Cruz) on Friday evening and the drive down was so miserabl because the freeway got shut down because of a fire and it was so hot! No one has air conditioning there because they never need it but it was a heat wave. The party was at the historic Cocoanut Grove Club. It is on the boardwalk in Santa Cruz and overlooks the ocean and Monterey Bay. There was even a movie titled it because it was the place where Big Bands played.
I made this headband!


No comments:
Post a Comment