Well going home was quite the experience. The trip home was pretty much horrible I vowed several times "never again!" We left at 12 noon and we were miserable because the kids weren't sleeping and Liam needed fed several times over that period of time. I think I had 2 breakdowns during the trip because of screaming kids and a huge headache. When we got there we had a great time. We stayed at Ruthie's and had great visits with her and I loved being with her. Lillie and I even played Clue with her and all three of us were crying we were laughing so hard definitely something I will remember for the rest of my life. I love my Ruthie and it was so hard to see her that way but yet I needed it and always miss her when I go. We had a good Thanksgiving and it was nice that Ruth could come to the school for it. The boys lifted her into the car and then out again. When we drove home we drove through the night and it was so much better because the kids slept the whole way and I didn't have to nurse. Poor Daniel drove through the night but felt great until the last half hour but since we didn't wan the kids to wake up yet I just talked him through it, definitely much better. We had a great visit with friends which I'll post later but when we got home we still had some of Daniel's cousins visiting. Two of them have kids within a month of Liam so it was fun. Great vacation so glad I got to visit with both families this holiday season. I love my family and am truly grateful for them and for everything they do!! Hope your Thanksgiving was great!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
For goodness Thanks!!!!
Well I have been busy and tired so I'm a little behind. Okay a lot behind. My little ones have kept me quite busy. Addy is getting molars in and wakes up in the night now. She never does but has been the last 2 weeks screaming. Liam was doing awesome except he too would wake up crying and scratching his legs together because he has eczema I think. The hardest part is that if Liam wakes up crying then within minutes Addy wakes up crying and vice versa so that has been a pain especially on the days Daniel has his 24 hour shift because I'm usually nursing when Addy wakes up. But enough with the negative (well mostly) So here in Hurricane we have been having a busy time. We had Taylor's ( Roma Ann's son) wife here she came on the 18th and is leaving tomorrow. Taylor is a marine in Afghanistan and I am so thankful to him and his willingness to serve also grateful to all my relatives in the service past and present especially since I missed veterans day so shout out to them particularly my Dad, Vaughn, Cousin Joe and Drew and friend Tim. Anyways Taylor is married to a beautiful girl from Georgia (actually she's originally from Mexico) anyways they haven't even been married a year yet so it has been hard on her for him to be gone. Yuli is her name and I did a photo shoot for her to send some pics back to Taylor while she was here.



she is gorgeous and so incredibly sweet, I've really enjoyed getting to know her. She also bought this cute outfit for Liam and an adorable skirt for Addy.
Well we also had Jordan and Miranda's wedding (the couple I matched up) everyone came so we had a lot of family here I think we squeezed about 90 people in the sealing room. It was a funny story because we were waiting in the temple and there was 2 parties of people for 2 different sealings there. We were in the chapel and it was completely full, anyways they came in asking for the "christensen party" and only 9 people stood up. The temple worker then said oh, are you all here for the hastings wedding? We all said yes. He chuckled and said well the sealing room seats 45 comfortably and has been known to squeeze 100 standing. Anyways it was crowded but I don't think there was a dry eye in the room it was a beautiful ceremony I just wish Daniel could have been with me but he was working. These next two pictures 
are of Addy and little Andrew (who is my cousin-in-law Gena's sister's(Tami) toddler who is Miranda's nephew.) Anybody followed that confusing intro? Anyways Miranda and Jordan told me that this is who Addy should marry when she's older. He is pretty adorable. Miranda looked amazing!! Jordan wasn't half bad :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ryann looks a lot like Liam! Can definitely see the family resemblance. I remember playing Clue with Ruthie all those years back. That is hard to see her like that, but I'm so glad you got to go visit!
Hope your kids go back to their good sleeping ways soon. I definitely feel for ya on the sleep deprivation bit! =)
It was so fun to see your little boy and I have devoured the pomegranates! So good I can't thank you enough you are so generous and thoughtful! I enjoyed having the little chat with you and its fun to talk to you in person even though I enjoy our blog friendship.
I think you are amazing with both your kids. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. I am definitely going to have to work up to two kids because one is quite a bundle. I am not looking forward to teething I may be asking you for pointers when I get to that point. Thanks again for the pomegranates
Post a Comment