Saturday, July 31, 2010

LOV'N SATURDAY's

When I was a kid my mom would take us with her to go to yardsales. It was fun but when I got older I thought it was tacky (but in my defense my mom bought a lot of useless stuff). Now as an adult I love going to yard sales, but it's not like it was back then. My cousin and I go almost every Saturday. We check out the ads on craigslist to map out which ones we want to go to and then we wake up early and go on our way. We drive by and don't waste our time on ones that don't look like there is something we need or want. We are always in the market for clothes for the kids and you can not believe the things we find and the brands for the right price. Steph always barters for me and she's good at it. We also don't buy junk just because it's cheap or free. Some weekends it's not so good and some it is just amazing. Today's started out not so great but man did that turn around everything we were looking for showed up at unbelievable prices. I spent $10 today and here's what I got.


a car seat similar to this one, very clean and looks the same as this one.

This shelving unit.
A globe similar to this (I have a thing for globes, love maps so have been wanting one)

I also got a pair of shoes, a garlic press, cheese grater and other various kitchen utensils. A large bag of Mega blocks for Addy, shorts for Liam, 2 dress shirts for Daniel, a cute large black picture frame, and a brand new pack of pink swim floaties for Addy. I think I did pretty darn good!! Our truck was over flowing because Steph got a dresser for $15, a free double stroller that just needs cleaned, a free umbrella stroller, 2 huge cute black mirrors with beadboarding on them, and other various items. We were laughing because we love when our truck is completely full and yet we spent so little.
We always have a good time and the kids do too...even if it is early in the morning.

So my favorite things I've gotten to date are clothes for Daniel. There are some really wealthy communities in St. George and when they have a sale it is usually "high end" clothing. I once got him 2 banana republic shirts, 5 pairs of new express jeans, and a pair of diesel shoes for under $20. LOVED THAT, and he is now seeing how much it can save us. So summer's here got out find a nice area of town and try out a yard sale you never know what you might find.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

That is amazing you got all that for 10 bucks!! I should have gone with you....next time I will get my lazy butt up and come with! Love you and Steph...so great!