Sunday, August 15, 2010

What we've been up too

First off a few pics I forgot to post from Daniel's birthday BBQ. We had lots of family and a few friends. Comet came with her very own Dan man you was great with our kiddos. Ace's mom Sue Proctor who I affectionately refer to as Mama Ace or Mama Proctor came with her youngest Andrew. She was dropping him off in St. George for school. He's going to play football at Dixie.
McKenzie (comet's sister) came with her fiance Lane (he's the headless figure) She got a shot with Addy (her flower girl). We're excited about going up north for the wedding in Sept and it's just going to be Addy and Mommy.

Now for the trip we took last week.
My friend's Lindsay (ACE) ,from Park City, family had their annual backyard concert and since Daniel's cousin was getting married that same day we decided to go for it this year. We drove a couple of Daniel's nieces and nephews home so our ride up was cramped. At Monica's house we relaxed before the reception. The kids loved playing there. Addy was so excited when she saw that her cousins had BARBIE's she took one to show to Daniel and I. She had never seen a Barbie though she loves watching the movies. With an incredibly loud excited voice she said "Look it's Barbie" she bawled when we left it there, so we told her if she did good at sleeping on the floor the next two nights we might go get her one. We had fun at the reception, but had to hurry up to get to the concert.
One of Daniel's cousins the amazing Amanda came with us and I rode up with her to show her the way. I really kinda love Amanda and enjoy spending time with her, but usually have to share her with a bizillion people so the ride up was nice to just talk. Lindsay's parents have always been so awesome with me and love my kids since they have no grandkids of their own so they had us stay the night with them. Addy and Liam loved the concert and Park City is so pretty this time of year. (AJ Proctor and Papa Proctor) Addy was dancing around like crazy and in front of over 250 people. She also set her sights on this little boy and went to give him a kiss. She had her arms out to hug him and her lips pursed. He turned and ran she watched him for a second and then took of after him. Everyone was busting up laughing. her dance skills are a little to be desired she throws in a summersault every couple minutes and Liam just crawled around after her and bobbed his head to the music. We had a great time there. And that night got to talk with Lindsay's (ACE) fiance Patrick. I had never met him so it was good to get to know him, we'll be going back up for her wedding in September Anyways we spent the night there, and even though Addy came to the door several times while we were out chatting she never came out of the room and didn't make a sound because she wanted that barbie sooo bad. We went to church up there Sunday. I just love Park City it is pretty whatever time of year you go. Another reason I love it is one time I was at their house by myself waiting for Ace to come home and heard some yelling outside I went to grab the dog and heard the neighbor saying there was a moose in the yard. I ran to the deck (as seen above) and looked down. Sure enough a huge bull moose was there. I never did get a picture but I guess he his a frequent guest because Ace had this pic on facebook (you can see the shadow of the staircase) She named him Herbert by the way :) I wish I had a view from their house it overlooks a golf course and gorgeous green covered mountains. Of course I love it the most because I get to see this gal!!
So excited for her wedding and glad I got to meet Patrick, Daniel and I both liked him and so did the kiddos.
Sunday late afternoon we said our goodbyes and went and had dinner with Daniel's cousin Kara and Skyler. We stayed the night there and Monday morning after another flawless night for Addy we went to Toys R Us and Addy got her first (and perhaps last) Barbie. We then went to the Hogle Zoo. We have been wanting to take Addy for awhile since she's shown interest in animals. It was great not to hot. The kids loved it. Addy loved the Giraffes especially and was very attentive during the Elephant show. We were a little disappointed there weren't any Lions, but Addy loved the Tigers and when I mentioned that in the next cage was a leopard she yelled at me saying" NOO mommy it's a Tiger". (the tiger...not a leopard!)
the real tiger
Cute elephant baby
Maybe her favorite part of all was the carousel ride. Anyways we got done there took a drive around temple square with Addy singing the song as loud as she could. We went back to Kara's changed and packed up and we went to dinner with them and with Daniel's cousin Paul since it was his birthday. We left Addy at Daniel's Uncle John's house.
We went to spend the night at Angelyn's house in Highland and had a great night. When we woke up Daniel inspected the bed because his nieces king size bed is his favorite and since we were thinking about getting a new bed he wanted to see what kind it was. We saw that it was a double pillow-top, and I sighed because even used those are around 300. We got home and Daniel went right back to work, but that day I looked on craigslist and there was a under 5 years old Sealy King Size Mattress double pillow-top for $60. Daniel went and got it and I rearranged the whole house so that Addy has our old Queen size bed in her room (now we have a bed for guests) and Liam has Addy's solid crib. The next morning I tried to go in and lay by Addy and she kicked me off saying "no mommy, this is my bed" not sure I love that "Addytude". Anyways we've been swimming, going to grandma's and cousins houses and the library, and trying to not miss Daddy too much as he's been gone a lot. Daniel has a great opportunity for a salary job where he works and it would be a few hours less but still work with his schedule. Please pray that it might work out.
We just went to the fair today and the demolition derby was sold out (we weren't too sad because the kids wouldn't have been fun to go with) we did let Addy go on another carousel ride and she cried at the sight of all the rides. Daniel went on his favorite ride and got stuck with a younger boy and the boy cried the whole time, Daniel was just glad he didn't throw up on him. It is really strange here because you have to pay separately to go see the animals (we didn't since grandpa pretty much has them all) We weren't there too long.
When I came home last night Addy was so funny. She kept linking her arm in mine and saying "We're friends mommy... "you're my friend" "I'm your friend mommy" Over and over she would say these things and just giggle. I was cracking up. She also absent mindedly said "Bless you" when I sneezed the other day, she sure is growing up.
(By the way none of these pictures are mine, my camera has vanished, and I think that is a good enough excuse to finally get a really good one... we'll see!)






1 comment:

Hayley said...

I'm so glad you had fun at the Backyard Concert! September is going to be a BUSY month for weddings, yay! Love you Susie and your adorable kids!