Saturday, February 26, 2011

Presidents day weekend 1 of 2

So Presidents weekend was fun. We had visitors and friends to meet up with so we kept busy. Sadly the actual day of Presidents day landed me in bed with the worse sinus infection. I was so miserable, Liam had it the next day... we took him to the doctor and he's doing much better. I however am just suffering through it praying it will go away soon because I am sick of being sick. Anyways back to the weekend prior to the awfulness. Wednesday night my cousin Coltin and his wife Candace came down. They stayed with Caleb and Steph and went to Zions and red rocks in Dixie. We also had a "family" dinner at LaRae's featuring our freshly butchered cow... Let me say those were dang good steaks. Coltin is a Steele which is my mom's side of the family. I love the Steele's. Did you know there is  A LOT of us. I think 84 first cousins. I'm number 56 or something like that. Anyways we like each other too.  And what's more amazing is that we haven't had a cousin pass away. It's amazing. Why you say? Well the Steele's aren't exactly normal. We have extreme sportists (is that a word), farmers, dare devils, soldiers, and just plain ol' bad luck that run through our family. Coltin is no exception. He cut off his foot last year. THE DAY BEFORE HIS WEDDING. literally the day before, and literally cut off. The prognosis wasn't good the doctors said it was a loss, but the Steele's don't go for that. My aunt Kris found a doctor who would reattach the foot. They said he probably wouldn't walk on it. He did though. It was so gross before... and be prepared it ain't pretty now but it is amazing.
Coltin's foot. Isn't it amazing what medicine can do these days?


His big toe ended up being removed, it just wouldn't work.  And the weird looking flesh... well that's one of his abs. Seriously an ab on his foot. They took one out put it there and BAM he's walking. It is so AMMMAAAZING in a "I think I just threw up in my mouth a little" way. Anyways happy ending, he got married to his sweetheart, and he can walk. So he was showing us his foot and Addy was totally engrossed in it. She loves "Owies". Coltin told her she could touch it. She did (I didn't even want to touch it). Then she plops down on the floor hikes her pant leg up and says 

look at my owie..... you can touch it.

Really Addy? She is so funny.

The rest of that night was spent watching the kids play, beat each other up, and dive bomb off a stool onto a mattress. On Friday Coltin's beautiful sister Malia showed up with her boyfriend. I'm sad I didn't get a picture. Malia is so funny and it was good to visit Friday night with her. They went to Vegas the next day and so I said goodbye that night. I love when family comes to visit. It's fun because we just like chatting and hanging out. Hope we can do that more this year!!!

4 on 1... sadly Gage brings this on himself quite often

ready, set

jump

free falling.
Sometimes you have to LEAP.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

I love your blog, your daughter is seriously one of a kind! So cute!! Love you, get feeling better.

Alana said...

holy cow! that is crazy about coltins foot but that truly is so amazing. and i love the pictures of the kiddies jumpin. i need to give them all squeezes!!! cant wait to see you soon!