2 Sundays ago it was Daniel's cousin's Bryce Hastings farewell. He is going to the Ventura, CA mission. We are excited because we know that area pretty well and were planning a trip down to San Luis Obispo this year, maybe he'll be there :). Lots of the family was down and it was fun to visit with everyone. Tuesday I found out that my friend Lyndsey "Ace" Proctor and her family were coming down to their St. George condo, they're from Park City and wanted to get away from the snow. When I worked at camp I went to church with Ace and then had dinner at her family's every Sunday, they became like family that summer and I am always excited to see them. Another camp friend Hayley "Comet" Coombs lives in St. George so it is fun when some of us can get together. Daniel took me with him to St. George to meet them for lunch

Here is Mama and Papa Proctor and Ace
As you can see it was pretty sunny so I hope they had fun. They stayed until Thursday. I went with Daniel to class on Wednesday and then met up with Comet, we picked Daniel up from class and then went to pick up Chinese food courtesy of the Proctors and we went back to their condo to hang out. All the Proctor's are musical especially Papa who sounds like James Taylor and he sang a few songs on request, then Ace's little brother Andy picked up the guitar and played us a few songs one he even wrote it was fun! Comet and Ace both tried feeling the little girl kick but she was sure being shy.



It was so fun to see them and I miss them already! Friday we had a ward activity that was really fun. They had people sign up as hosts to host a dinner at their houses then they matched up couples to go to dinner depending on how many people the hosts said they could have... we then were called by the coordinator who told us which house we were eating out, then the host called and asked us to bring something. LaRae and Adam went to a house where 18 people were, we went to one with 6 but we got to know people and then we met back at the church building for games and dessert. It was really fun and the coordinator said at her old ward they did it once a month... I was glad to meet some people in a non-church environment especially since we are in the nursery and don't get to meet very many people. Saturday was Daniel and my childbirth class, it was long but we learned about correct breathing, and labor techniques plus nursing tips and we had a hospital tour. I am getting excited for her to come especially since my back has become a huge problem with sleeping. That night my friend Comet let us borrow her 3 seasons of the office, we have to skip a few of them but most of them are hilarious! Sunday we had our family dinner out at the flat, and Daniel's sister Shelley and her husband Cody was there I had seen Cody's sister on T.V (She started the company Stampin Up and was teaching about some new products. LaRae and I were shocked about how big Shelley has got since the last time we saw her... she's carrying twins and is so cute. It was a fun week!!!

2 comments:
Susie- It was fun to see a comment from you and find out your blog address! First- CONGRATS on the baby. Do you know what you're having? any names? Where are you? Tell us about your hubby! It is funny that you mention the Keeps in your comment b/c just last weekend we had a new couple move into our ward, Aaron and Marilyn Keep- is it your sister-in-law's brother? Since we are still pretty new ourselves we went over and introduced ourselves to them...talk about a small world! We would love to see you if you come down- you know you have a place to stay. Fill us in on your life!
Susie, you are so cute! I love that pregnant belly, before you know it baby will be here!! And then the FUN begins. Fun to see you and your blog!
Post a Comment