Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy V-Day

Well Happy Valentines Day everyone. I always loved this day because it's a nice thought that you have a whole day set apart to remind you to tell people you love them and appreciate them. I took the opportunity to send my two sisters in college some flowers. Clara and Lillie are great and I miss them alot. Clara has just made a decision to go on a mission and Lillie is pretty sick with some kind of flu so I know that it's fun to get flowers delivered anytime but especially today and it doesn't matter if they're from a secret admirer or not so I hope they enjoy them. I also got Daniel a gift not much but a backpack (he's been using my old one), some candy, and new basketball shorts (he's been playing early mornings and needed some new ones). Daniel woke me up this morning and told me that he had planned on getting me a motherhood massage but this week was a little tight with truck payments due so I was glad he'd thought better of it and he told me instead that he was going to set a timer and give me an hour long massage... I'm not quite sure he can do it that long but he's going to try and I'm happy because my back has been killing me especially at night and if he doesn't try to work some kinks out of it before I go to sleep I usually wake up every hour in some sort of pain, so I hope he's serious about my gift. We also purchased tickets about 3 weeks ago to go with family to the Leahy concert in St. George. I guess they are suppose to be incredible. They are comparable to the Duttons but everyone says they are way better. Here is a picture and a description of their show.
"The eight brothers and sisters of the band Leahy perform a beguiling brew of Celtic and country music, full of high spirits, toe-tapping tunes, energetic step-dancing and instrumental virtuosity. Hailing from Ontario, Canada, Leahy keeps Celtic music vital in the 21st century. The oldest brother Donnell, one of the best fiddlers in the world, and the rest of his talented clan were turning heads even before they were hand-picked to open for Shania Twain on her 1999 world tour."
So hopefully it will be fun! The boys are working all day and we decided just to make dinner here. I have been experimenting with different marinades so hopefully tonights Lemon and Rosemary chicken, and apricot pork will be yummy with potatoes. I know I'll have fun no matter what because it will be nice to get out and do something!!
Well I want to say Happy Birthday to Denise (Adams) and J.D. Bowns, I hope they have a wonderful day and speaking of twins my mother-in-law had 2 sets of twins right in a row and the boy/girl set Sheldon (who is married to my cousin Sara Ann McDonald), and Shelley (who this past year got married to Cody Goodfellow and became a second mother to his 3 children) are both expecting about the same time in June. The funny thing is Shelley just got her ultrasound and is expecting twins!!!!! A boy and a girl we are so excited for them and hope all goes well!

1 comment:

glen-denise-vince-mckee-cam said...

happy valentine's day too! thank you for mentioning my birthday. you know now matter how old i get, my birthday is always so much fun. i love being spoiled on this day. everyone needs their day.
i know how you feel about your back hurting. my back and ribs hurt 24/7 non=stop! it's wonderful! you know. i told glen today that i can't wait to be able to sit and sleep with no pain...and i can't wait to be able to bend over with out loosing my breath! can't wait!!! anyways susie, have a great day..enjoy that massage!!!!!! you're awesome!