Thursday, March 6, 2008

Craft Day







So my sister-in-law Heidi Stout use to work for alterations and is pretty handy when it comes to sewing,quilts, etc. (She's the blond w/the twin girls, and my cousin Stephanie is shown with her daughter) anyways we decided to have a craft day just to come to her house and work on projects. LaRae is working on a jean quilt for Adam, Stephanie wants to do a rag quilt for her daughter, and I'm working on baby stuff. Heidi's been a big help with just explaining some things and letting us use scraps, etc. So yesterday was our first day and I took the crib material that I wanted to make my bumper with and just made a cover to recover a bumper Heidi let me use. I was really happy how it turned out, and just need to make the ties for it. The plan is white sheets, white painted crib, this bumper a faux fur black blanket and just to appease my sister Lillie a couple of pink/black pillows. I'll post when I get it all done. I had extra material which I'm planning on making a t-shirt dress (probably the easiest thing I could make) for the baby. I also made some headbands for her but wanted to see them on a baby and Stephanie had little Gaige there so he was the model... his dad wasn't to happy with me but I will say Gaige would make a sweet little girl.





Sorry Gaige!!




Anyways I'm really excited to finish some projects and hope I can do them the next couple weeks. Well it's my mother-in-laws birthday this weekend and we get to meet Daniel's older sister's boyfriend, Steph and I might go to the yard sales, and I might work a few hours at Red Rock Rails (my 2nd cousins business) so it should be a fun, full weekend and I should be able to get a good post. Oh, here is a not so cute picture of me, but it was taken a few weeks ago to show my size :(

2 comments:

Karli said...

you're looking great sus! proud of you. and, good job for doing all the little crafty things too. it's going to be darling. you could do black with red too...that would be cute since you're not a huge fan of pink. love the headbands. that is a fun idea. zac would be pretty ticked too if i put one on gray! love you
k

Brandi said...

Hi Susie! It's Brandi. I found came across your blog. I am glad things are going so well for you. You look cute! It's funny to see each other pregnant because we usually don't have a belly and then to see us having them, it's fun! We have a blog as well; www.kreytonandbrandi.blogspot.com. Go ahead and have a look! Hope you have a great day!

Love, Brandi