So last Saturday my sister-in-law Shelley and my cousin Stephanie put on a baby shower for Adelaide and I. We had lots of fun and the food was yummy thanks to my mother-in-law, and sisters-in-law. We had rolls with a meat and cheese platter. Fruit and fruit dip. Yummy brownies, donut holes, and lemon bars. My mother-in-law made an apricot fruit slush and it was so good. Thanks to everyone who came and who helped! I was swimming in a sea of pink by the end of the day but it was fun and Addy looks cute in pink (well I think she looks cute in anything) One of my favorite gifts was from my sister LaRae who got me a nursing cover. They sure are handy and make things easier. I got lots of clothes for Addy and diapers and wipes and we got the bouncer we wanted which will be a big help because I haven't got a monitor yet and Addy rarely cries so I don't like leaving her to sleep in her cradle during the day because I can't hear her so this will be nice to set her in until I get that monitor.


Not her most flattering pictures but she's always trying to go somewhere when I sit her down I swear she even tried and almost succeeded in rolling over and pulling herself up, she is very strong!!!!!
I have been so blessed with how amazingly good and sweet tempered this baby is, she is just a doll!!!! Things have been pretty good Daniel and I need to work on getting to sleep earlier when she first goes to sleep. We have been working hard at reading the scriptures daily and concentrating on really making our prayers specific for us and others. I want to really establish good habits so that we will have them in place when she gets older. Sometimes during the day I don't feel like I've done anything except feed her and sleep, but I am trying to do a few more things everyday and getting up the courage to go out for longer periods of time. I am going out with Daniel tonight because a few of my camp friends are in town they are going to havasupi in the grand canyon, they love Addy and want to see her so we'll be out to dinner and then at Comet's for the season finale of The Office. Tomorrow she has a check up and her shots... not looking forward to them making her cry! She still isn't a fan of her carseat when she's awake and so hopefully I can time that better, I think I also need a sling or carrier so when I go grocery shopping she doesn't have to sit in her cart, I think she would be okay if she would take a binkie but she doesn't really like it, so we shall see how tomorrow goes and I'll post her stats I do know she's gaining a little wait because the preemie outfits are too tight now!! WHAAHOO!
No comments:
Post a Comment