Thursday, May 1, 2008

Addy's first day



Comet (Hailey) came twice! Thanks Auntie Commie!!

So first off thanks to everyone who has been so helpful I really appreciate it! Addy is such a good even tempered baby so far. She's only cried when she can't get a burp out and then she wails so sad because it hurts but as soon as she's got it out she's quiet as a mouse let's just hope this lasts my dad keeps me in reality by saying "don't worry she hasn't cried YET, but she will!" he doesn't want me to get to comfortable with her quietness. Adelaide's name comes from my mother's side. It is my great grandmothers name. My great grandma Adelaide died while her children were young but she is my Grandpa Walter Steele's birth mother. Our little Addy has some strawberry blonde hair that my mother is hoping will turn red because I guess Grandma Adelaide had fiery red hair, I personally think Addy is going to have white blonde hair just like her parents did. Adelaide's middle name is Roma after Daniel's Grandma Roma. Also Daniel's aunt who has been awesome in letting us live with her and being so helpful is named Roma Ann and so for me I wanted to have her name be involved since she continually is helping us while Daniel goes to school. So that is where little Addy's name comes from in case anyone was wondering. Adelaide is a German name meaning "Of noble kin" it is also a city in Australia. From the Germanic name Adalheidis which was composed of the elements adal "noble" and heid "kind, sort, type". This is where the name Heidi originates.

Well Addy's first day went great we were discharged about 11:30 a.m. yesterday and we went to Walmart to get a few things, I stayed in the truck with Addy while Daniel got everything. Daniel had a traffic court date and so I had him drop me off at LaRae's while he went. My mom was there and I wanted LaRae to see her and for Tyson to meet her. He was excited to see me and Daniel and was loving on the baby girl immediatley. Daniels case was dismissed and so he was quickly back. We then loaded up and went home. Grandma and Grandpa Stout were there waiting as was Great Aunt Roma Ann and Great Aunt Angelyn (who was so sweet and brought me flowers) I fed her and then after everyone left Daniel put his 2 girls to sleep while he took a shower. I slept good and so did she. Daniel came and woke me up to eat and to tell me LaRae and Adam and my mom were here. We visited and then we said goodnight and my mom stayed here. I fed her again around 10:00 and she ate forever until around 11:20 (off and on) My mom said she's just aching for my milk to come in. We thought all was good but she kept waking up with a belly ache and I couldn't get her burp out. My mom ended up taking her. She rocked her and I talked to her and then around one my mom said for me to go get some sleep and she slept with her. Because she had eaten so long she didn't wake up until 6:00 a.m. so I really got a good nights sleep or at least more than I expected I fed her this morning and she fell back to sleep again. I was glad my mom was there and hopefully Daniel got an okay sleep because he went back to work today. We sure love this sweet little girl, and he's already missing her! Anyways so far so good and I am recovering really well with the help of some IB Profen :) Hope everyone is well and enjoy all these pics!

6 comments:

Brandi said...

She is so darling, Susie! I am so happy for you! What an exciting time in life! I'm glad that you were able to get some sleep, that will helpful! Have fun with your mom, it's so nice that are mom's can come help us out. Take care!

Jenny Bay said...

YAY! Congratulations! She is adorable. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Swensen Family said...

Oh I am so happy for you. Being a mom is so fun! I hope you keep getting good sleep, and take advantage while your mother is there. Addy is adorable!!!

jamie & karli said...

Addy is a doll sus. so proud of you! Definitely have fun while your mom is there and gets lots of sleep. Hopefully she'll be able to get her gas out better...that is the most frustrating thing for them, I think. love you and am thinking about you!
karli

Gena Susan said...

SUSIE! Congratulations!! She is adorable!!!!

glen-denise-vince-mckee-cam said...

super cute susie! and i love the name! congratulations and have fun.