Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Baby Girl

So I will post pictures of little Adelaide (Addy) Roma Stout when we get home from the hospital. Addy was born at 7:42 a.m. this morning and weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces and was 20". I was in labor for over 24 hours and was pretty exhausted. I was planning on a natural birth and was doing pretty good we came into the hospital for the second time at 10:15 p.m. after laboring all day and the night before and was dialated to a six, an hour later a 7 a half hour later an 8 and a 1/2 so by midnight I was feeling like this was going great. However things stopped when I hit a 9 and for 3 1/2 hours I was having those strong contractions with no progress I decided enough was enough because I was so exhausted from the last couple of sleepless nights I knew I couldn't fo any more and still have energy to push when the time came. So I did get an epidural and am so glad I did because I still didn't change until 2 1/2 hours later because my water would not break (I have no idea why they didn't break it earlier) Anyways Daniel and I got to sleep between 3 and 5:30 and then I started pushing at 5:30. I took awhile to push because she was looking the wrong way which made the top of her head bruised really bad. She is really cute (I know I am her mother) she has strawberry blonde hair and chubby cheeks with big ol eyes. I love her so much already and even though this is such a strange and surreal time because I can't believe she's here I am so happy that I have this little girl. Well I will post and tell more later! Love to all!

7 comments:

Brandi said...

Yeah! We are so happy for you! Sorry that you were in labor for so long, but way to go for being so strong! I hope that you guys have a good night and we're glad she's here and you're doing good. Can't wait to see pictures of her and you guys! Take it easy!

Love, Brandi

Karli said...

yay! Love you sus. love addy already. love her name too. i bet roma is honored too. and, so proud of you. can't wait to see pictures. i've been waiting for an update all day! Love you much!
karli

Gena Susan said...

YAY! Congratulations! Such a pretty name! Can't wait to see the pretty baby girl!

The McDonald's said...

Yea, Susie. I can't wait to see pictures of the little one. The same time of thing happened to me but my water broke at first and then I didn't labor. 20 hours later I finally had little Jordan. I also wanted a natural birth but after 12 hours of sitting at 3 centimeters I got an epidural, unfortunately it wore off before I delivered but at least it help me progress. Again congratulations and we can't wait to meet her.

Linford Family said...

Wow Susie, that is really neat! congrats! Labor/delivery is a really hard thing to go through, but once it's over you have a new wonderful baby. We are very happy for you! Hope recovery goes well and have fun with your new little one!

Jessica F said...

Congratulations Susie! I am so excited for you! By the way I love her name:) I will probably have a ton of questions for you since I am a couple months away of all that stuff!! I cant wait to see pictures! I bet she is gorgeous:) Congrats again, and I hope you get plenty of rest and feel better!
-Jess

Swensen Family said...

Oh, I am so happy for you Susie! I bet you are so glad that you went early...I get so anxious at the end. Glad to hear that everything went well (Long labor though), and we will be waiting for pictures!!