Thursday, September 4, 2008
Labor Day / Peach Days
Peach Days falls on Labor Day every year. Peach Days is a local celebration of the towns history. In case everyone was wondering Peaches grow rampant here and on the Church orchards just in a few weeks they got over a couple ton of peaches, and according to the people down here they are the best peaches ever... I must say they are yummy. This is the time of year down here that makes me like living here. On the property we live on there is peach trees, grape vines, pomegranate bushes, pecan trees, walnut trees, apple trees, plum trees, pistachio trees, and almond trees. Plus my father in law planted a field of melons this year so cantaloupe and watermelon is a weekly thing. We also have squash, and tomatoes from my mother-in-laws garden. It is so fun to have this right at your fingertips. Anyways Peach Days has a huge parade, local vendors, carnival, and pioneer demonstrations. Family always comes down and this year the Stout girls participated in a Volleyball tournament. We didn't win but it was fun to play together, also it was so hard. We played over 5 hours on Friday and a couple more hours on Saturday. I was so sore and I hurt pretty bad but it was good for me. I got sick though on Sunday and that basically ruined the rest of the weekend for me. Adelaide had to get her shots yesterday and she's been so sad and subdued today, and sleeping like crazy. She's also catching my cold so I feel so bad for her. Daniel started classes and I think that they will be good this year. We are getting ready for Daniel's younger brother Ben to get home from his mission on the 18th. He is in the Eugene Mission and he left before Daniel and I were engaged but I knew him before that and can't wait to see him again. Well no pictures today but I'm trying a video so my parents can see Addy baby, she's usually more smiley but she's not feeling so good, but it still shows how beautiful she is...(well I think she is!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you are in heaven with all of that good produce to munch on. Your little cutie is growing up so fast...shots are no fun!
Hey what is your e-mail, I will send you the link to where I got that fu fu skirt for Katelyn.
Oh I love her! I will try and remember to bring my camera so I can upload some of the videos I took of her. I can't wait to see her again. Hope you start feeling better!
Post a Comment