I was feeding Adelaide and she fell asleep and though she'd had a bath, was fed, and her newly washed sheet was on her bed it was hard to put her down because as I was holding her she grabbed my hair and snuggled in closer, and then it hit me. I had a moment, you know the ones they just hit you randomly where all of a sudden you get hit with the realization that this little person trusts you and loves you unconditionally. That they totally rely on you and that they were entrusted to you. It gets me a little emotional sometimes when I realize how much I love that little girl.
Well this week has been so busy!I have a young women's retreat that I'm preparing for this weekend which should be fun because Daniel and I get to stay in Daniel's old bishops cabin on Kolob (on the way to Zion national park). I was worried that I couldn't go to the Friday night part of our trip because Addy isn't allowed to go (she's too distracting) but now this will be so nice and I'll be traveling between the two cabins so that is so awesome. I'm making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for the retreat and they I tried the recipe and they were delicious so I'm pretty excited to make them tomorrow. Daniel's hunting trip was successful and he wants me to post a picture soon of his buck. It's not a huge one because I asked for a younger buck (the meat is much easier to work with taste wise) I missed Daniel so much the night he was gone. I know it's not the first time but it is 10X harder when he has no service and we can't talk so I decided to make him a yummy dinner. I had found some country pork loin strips on sale and cut them up then I heated the oven to 350 then put a 20 oz bottle of sierra mist and a bottle of Famous Daves Sweet and Zesty (something like that) in a dutch oven. Then I put the dutch oven in the oven and cooked it for about 4-5 hours then I took a bag of frozen hashbrowns and I put them in a casserole dish. I then opened a can of cream of chicken, some cream, and grated cheese, I put the mixture on top. And then with some juice and some veggies that made our dinner. Roma Ann used some of our canned apple pie filling to make some apple crisp soooo yummy not very healthy but hey he loved it and it was yummy.
Anyways I have a job interview tomorrow but just wanted to leave you with some Addy news, she rolls over multiple times and in Sunday school rolled over 6 consecutive times. Now I have to vacuum constantly just in case and as you can see below she's traveling quite far from her blanket.

Daniel and I playing with the Photobooth
Addy wrestling with her Daddy
4 comments:
I know! It sure is crazy how much these little ones need us and how much they trust us! I love those random moments in life, they bring us back to what is important. Your little Addy is sure cute!
I still haven't found that talk and I've looked in several places, but I am going to check a couple more tomorrow and I'll let you know. Cute pics. Can't wait to see you next weekend!
I really enjoy those moments! Babies are so precious. As for my bundling thing for Maggie-it was actually given to me. I have found a few others for her or Kade at second hand stores though or garage sales. The toy organizer is from online walmart. It's only available online, but we had it shipped to the store for free. I had been looking for one for a long time and target has them too-but for about $10 more. Ours was like $50-yeah-too expensive, I wanted it though. Younger deer are better in many ways-isn't it nice to have cheap meat like that!
Sus,
So sorry I couldn't find that stuff for you! I feel like I am so much less organized since Grayson and moving. In the past week someone also asked me to borrow a 3/4 length sleeved black shirt that I've only worn once and I searched this house over and can't find it! So frustrating. I also looked for a computer program I have for Morgan to borrow and literally tore apart the house looking and couldn't find it. I'm wondering if I have a LARGE pack rat somewhere in this house that steals everything I'm looking for!
Anyway, hope your lesson went well without it. I'd love to hear about it and can't wait to see you this weekend! Love ya!
k
Post a Comment