Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Worth Of "Soles"

So we had our Young Women in Excellence Night this evening and two of my Beehive girls were the ones who put it on. They did awesome and I loved the theme The Worth of Soles. The girls brought their favorite pair of shoes that represented them and decorated a shoe box. They then had a cute sign saying why these shoes represented them. The also showed one of the Personal Progress Projects. The program went well they had the YW president speak a little and then had chosen a girl to represent each of the YW values, each of these girls had their shoes sitting on the color of the value For example Choice and Accountability the girl had some flip flops and in her little talk she said that "we can't flip flop around when it comes to our choices." that was just one I remember. Then we had these 3 girls who are in our ward and are Samoan sing, and the bishop spoke and then we had a slideshow of pics throughout the year. It was so good. We then had refreshments it was apple juice and pumpkin ice cream cake rolls... but there was cream cheese in it so yuck for me but yum for Daniel later on.I decided to do my own version of the shoe-personality
 So here is my favorite shoe, nope I didn't say pair of shoes just shoe because I lost the other one and I am so broken up over it someday I will replace them! Their website is pipersandals.com. Anyways they represent me because they've been with me for some of the most important times of my life Like Camp K and my meeting of Daniel. I've done hikes with them, waded in rivers. And they represent a part of my life that was outdoorsy and a tad bit hippy. They show how I hate having my feet confined into a tennis shoe and when I can't go barefoot I would wear these shoes anytime. No kidding I cried when I lost the one (read the testimonials and you'll see why) People called this my Jesus sandals and that's okay because I really want to follow in his footsteps.
 This is my new pair of shoes that I love for Sundays because they are actually comfortable and don't give me blisters. This represents my want to dress up every once in awhile. I love the red and the peek a boo toe. They make me taller and I feel more sophisticated and notice I have better self esteem when walking in them... silly I know but hey it helps.

Anyways loved this idea and all the girls in my group! One Laurel gave me a ride the other day when she saw me walking she then told me she has her own version of a ward party everyday. She goes around and picks up all the kids in our ward who are walking home from school, she gets a car load and then drops them off and then goes and gets some more, I thought this was awesome and such a good example to me.
Also I want to write this down  in case I ever need a good YW idea in the slideshow it showed an activity they did that was combined and it was called Where's Waldo? Parents and other people in the ward get dressed up in wigs and other disguises and go to the mall. The youth have to go searching to find the certain characters in the mall and get a kick out of finding out that it's people they know example: go find lady with a fro.... the Samoan grandma in our ward had a big wig on. Just a fun activity.
SO ANYONE WANT TO SHARE THEIR SHOE PERSONALITIES?

1 comment:

MaryJane Griffin said...

Susie that sounds like such a fun activity you went to. I love the shoe idea. What creative people you are with. Of course ya know your creativity must rub off on everyone there!!!