So many of you know I had a life changing experience when I went to work at a Camp the summer before I met Daniel. I truly believe that because of the work I did there and the experiences I had made me a better person which is why I was ready when I met Daniel. I have many life long friends I met there and though some I don't get to see or talk to that much still had an impact in my life. I wanted to spotlight them throughout the next couple months so I can have that in my blog archives. The first is Dash, that is his camp name his real name is Shawn but we all know and love him as Dash. Some of you might have heard me refer to him as my hippie because frankly he's the closest thing to a hippie I've ever encountered. Dash was a part time intern at Camp which means he didn't have to suffer like the rest of us did with the crazy work hours. He did however become one of my great friends. Here is some awesome things about Dash. He never yells, or gets mad. Truly never seen him do it and when I say yell he doesn't even raise his voice... he's very calm and relaxed. He lives in his Van named Bernice. He ripped out seat and made a futon bed, had a stove top, water a cooler and shelves for his very minimal wardrobe. He showered at the Rock Climbing Gym he worked at every day so no he wasn't smelly. He actually made living in a Van look like quite the life. As for the Rock Climbing well I will forever be grateful to him for introducing me to that wonderful pass time. He always made all of us feel like we were doing awesome when he was probably bored out of his mind watching amateurs fumble around. He taught me to Belay others and some techniques. I loved it so much I actually bought shoe's and hopefully someday I'll be able to climb again.
Here He is hanging out while he decided his next move.
Me getting ready for a climb... I was tanner and thinner back then.
There I am climbing the toughest climb I ever did. A 5. 9 though I didn't make it to the top.
This picture is sideways but if you look close near the top you'll see me making my way up the mountain
Dash and I in Dash's "Home" Bernice
Dash and another great friend who taught us Quickdraw
Dash and his girlfriend Amber cheering me as I start my ascent
Dash and Quickdraw took a big group of us climbing I don't know if Dash reads this... I told him to read my blog but if you are I love ya and miss ya. Also Dash sent some words of wisdom in a text the other day that I would like to share...
ZEN thought for the day.
'you are what you think. Think it today become it tomorrow. Nothing can help you or hurt you as much as the thoughts you carry in your head.'
1 comment:
Susie, this is so awesome. Shawn is an awesome guy, you did a great job detailing him. What a summer, what a life, we are so blessed to have met each other. Thanks Susie, and thanks Dash! Love you
Post a Comment