Friday, May 15, 2009
a little overwhelmed..
My last week of work next week and I am pretty happy about it but also a little nervous, schools out which means summer is on it's way. Normally this would make happy but the weather here is a little much we're hitting 95 daily and we'll be in the 100's this week which means to me this will be one hot summer and I will be one sweaty lady. I'll let you all in on a little secret... I'm terrified for this baby to get here. Addy's been grouchy because of new teeth coming in, and she's to scared to walk so that hasn't happened yet. We haven't even got her switched over to whole milk all the way, I don't have a forward facing car seat for her, I have one boy sleeper outfit and that's it. I'm scared!!! I'm tired and this has been hard. Yup, with Addy I could nap when I wanted, I didn't have a kid to worry about or make sure and feed, change, and bathe. With Addy I didn't have heartburn daily, I didn't have tension headaches that are debilitating (due to carrying around my non walker, that's what the doc says) With Addy every movement was a miracle, I sang to her in my womb I thought about her constantly but my poor nameless one gets growls from mommy "Would you stop moving so I can go to sleep" or I think about not what he will be like but what Addy will be like when he is here, will she be upset, feel uprooted? She's still going to be a baby when this tiny guy takes over, it's getting bad now, I'm getting so big I can't bend over to well and my back is getting achy, I cry frequently because I feel like I'm not being a good mommy to Adelaide, or I'm a crabby wife to my hubby. I know everyone says when they're older it will be awesome but it's getting them to that older part I'm scared of I know I'm complaining but like I said I'm a little overwhelmed, and my feet hurt :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hang in there! However, having a blog is a great way to vent- so don't stress about doing it....it's how we mother's survive. Make sure to enjoy the small moments (whole night of sleep, eating well at dinner time, happy during church, ect.)- if you can try to cling to those moments than life won't seem overwhelming. When that feeling does creep in, let yourself cry it out and then also let yourself move onto something fun (like chocolate)! You'll do great, you already are!
Thinking about you Susie. Hang in there. :) Love ya.
Obviously I'm not in a position to advise with most of your challenges, but I did just discover freecycle.org, and it would be a perfect way to get all the baby stuff you still need for FREE! (though I know a used car seat for Addy would be sketchy--maybe still go new for that item)
Oh Susie...Sounds hot, where are you at?!! You are a great mom and these phases won't last long...I have to tell myself the same thing at times!! Having a sibling was the best thing that we could have done for Payton, he has learned a lot and it has been great! Hang in there girl...I'll be thinking of ya!
Hey Susie- if it's any comfort at all, know that what you are feeling is COMPLETELY NORMAL. Just hang in there. It will get better. You'll be amazed when he does arrive the love that will spring up. I clearly remember wondering if I could ever love another baby like I loved my sweet little Emma. If we didn't, there wouldn't be many of us who would ever move pass two kids. We've got a forward facing car seat you can use for Addy. Let me know if you want it and we'll send it up or bring it next time we come. Love you!
Mav-
What can I do for you? I live within twenty minutes of you, and I honestly would do ANYTHING for you. I'll call soon, hang in there. I think all these feelings are normal, so don't beat yourself up. Daniel loves you, even when you are crabby :)
Love you
Sus, thank you for your post. I had the exact same feelings, seriously. With Sierra everything was so exciting, and we doted on her. When I was pregnant with Miles I felt so guilty because I worried non-stop about Sierra. I was so worried about my baby (Sierra) and how she would handle the new baby. No one tells you how hard the second, third, fourth, etc. is. How do we juggle it all? Anyway, thanks for writing that. Now I don't feel so guilty. I'm not going to say it is perfect when the baby comes, but somehow you find a routeen, and it is just awesome. Sierra is so much happier to have a brother who adores her, and even though I still feel guilty that Miles doesn't get as much attention that we gave Sierra, we gave him the best gift ever, a big sister. Best of luck Susie, I know you will do great, can't wait to see you for Claira's wedding. Love tons!
Post a Comment