Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 20th, 2009

So I was waiting for this little guy the last couple of days. Friday we went to the doctor and I was at a 3 and 80% so I thought pretty soon. I waited and nothing happened but a few contractions (I was in a race with my sister-in-law Leslee) I was hoping for Friday and sure enough that night I had some good contractions but they stopped after a couple hours and when I found out that my sister-in-law had her baby that next morning yeah little sweet girl Ryann found her way first and is a cutie. We had company here who were leaving Monday and really wanted me to have that baby before they left. Well Sunday I had contractions all day and then they got pretty bad about 1:00 a.m. they woke me up and I walked around, took a bath, got online to pass the time and about 3:30 woke Daniel up and said I think we should go for a walk to see if they pick up and are the real deal. I didn't walk far because I was hurting pretty good. We went home got things ready and got in the car. We got to the hospital about 4:45 and I about bawled when they said I wasn't even at a 4 yet. I was having back labor again this time and let me tell you it's not fun, not that any labor is fun but there is no break for back labor and I wasn't about to go through what I did with Addy so when they admitted me because my contractions were 3 minutes apart and every time I had one his heart rate dropped a little so they put me in a bed and an hour later I got my epidural, so no more back labor and some sleep and I was feeling good. They broke my water when I got to a 5 and about an 1 1/2 later I felt pressure and asked the nurse to check and I was at an 8. Meanwhile the nurse was getting me pretty worried because she was nervous about Liam's heart rate that would just keep dropping with the contractions, the scenarios why was either he's laying on his cord or it's wrapped around his neck... that freaked me out because my little brother George had to be delivered by C-section because of that so I got really worried and didn't mind taking the Oxygen mask to try to get him some more air. My friend Ace was there and she decided to stay since we were getting closer. An hour later I felt like he was going to come out and sure enough I was at a 10. I hurried and called my Mom and Daniel's cousin Kara (who I wanted to come) and they were just a few minutes away so they hurried over and got there just before my Doctor. Minutes later we started pushing and in under 15 minutes he got here (way different the second time around because Addy's was an 1 1/2 of pushing) sure enough he had the cord wrapped around his neck twice and I'm so thankful for my doctor who knew what he was doing. Thanks Ace and Kara for being there hopefully I didn't freak you all out. Liam is doing great the first night here at home wasn't easy like Addy he just wants real milk and I don't have it yet. Addy has really loved him, and she keeps giving him kisses, no jealousy....yet. Well I'll update more later!
Auntie Ace thinking she'll help me out!
 mom and dad waiting
he's here!!   happy parents! Grandma!
 Auntie AceGrandma and Liam Mom and Liam
Proud Papa 
 Auntie Comet came later!!







2 comments:

glen-denise-vince-mckee-cam said...

congratulations susie. are you going to call him liam or daniel. seems like you had a great labor. was the 2nd eaiser than the 1st. i'm glad your mom gets to be there with you. get some rest. take care. congratulations again. you're awesome!
denise

Hayley said...

yay! I've been waiting for this post, I wanted to hear the story in full :-) I cried like a baby when i saw Liam, he is so sweet. Congrats my darling! Can't wait to see you and the kids this weekend

Love ya and Happy Birthday Daniel!