Sunday, August 30, 2009

my favorite things II (good deal days)

So I decided to do another my favorite things but mostly because I wanted to share some good deal websites, and some good deals I got this last week.
First I wanted to share my find that has well been worth the money already. Liam has been really needy, he always wants to be held or rocked do to the fact he's a little colicky (luckily not the scream for hours kind of colicky but constantly wanting held, rocked and pressure on tummy kind.) I was a little stressed because it's hard to get anything done when you have one baby in your arm and the other pulling on your pant leg so I knew I needed something that could at least give me 20 minutes of a break. A bouncer was out of the question because I have one and Addy can go and try to sit in it with him or continuously give him kisses and I needed something with a bit more umph. Enter the swing, they were really expensive though and so I thought I'd get the cheapest $50 one but was hesitant because it too was close to the ground. Well I went to Kid to Kid to see what I could get and there was 2 nice looking papasan chair swings one for 65 and one for 70. The $70 one looked newer and had more options, and when my cousin Steph and I tried both the $70 one had batteries already so I took it knowing I was getting a good deal based on my research of brand new ones. We went to Target for a few things and I went to look and there was my exact model of swing still on shelves and costing $150 Liam loves it, Addy loves pushing him and I've gotten more than my 20 minutes with it which is well worth it. So thanks my little lamb swing for a little sanity back in my life.
Number 2 good deal happened the next day when Stephanie and I went to yard sales. We didn't have much luck (found some cute clothes for Tyson) but as we were headed home Steph's friend called to tell us to find a computer print a coupon and head over to target. This little guy the tag reading system was on sale. This is normally $50 and was on a clearance rack for $35. We had a $10 coupon. This deal still wouldn't have been enticing enough but when you rang up the clearance item it rang for $12, so with the $10 coupon we got it for $2. We bought 9 of them. I got three so I'd have some Christmas gifts, but I learned a valuable lesson. Scan the clearance items because an okay deal might really be an awesome deal, Thanks Steph!!!

Now for some websites to share. I hesitate to give this website out because it lowers my chances to win but here is the best blog giveaway site. I have won a cute custom swimsuit for addy from here and i love the amount and variety of giveaways on
fabulousfunfinds.blogspot.com Check it out and you'll love it. 3-6 giveaways weekly.

Now some of you may already know about Enjoy the ride rewards program from Huggies but do you know how to get codes and win cash or prizes? Thanks to Stephanie who showed me how addicting and awarding this can be. I've won $30 so far. Here's the deal. Go to website EnjoytheRiderewards.com and sign up= 10 immediate points. Look for marked boxes of Huggie wipes and peel sticker on back is reward codes= 1 point each. Click on earn points and take the polls, and watch videos. 1-5 points each. Get Huggie mailers? There are codes on them worth 5 points each.
And then you can copy these codes:
5-point codes
ZXLRK-BTBBM-NNPGB
HKNZJ-ZGMDN-KBPGB
XZRSS-FHSQG-FLTMN
DDCHK-GCBLZ-DSPGB
KCPBH-XMNRB-TDPGB
JXBQX-LWHPP-HPPGB
LNXBX-DXTSH-BSPGB
STLPM-MBQPZ-RLPGB
NBDKD-QZGDT-FJPGB
PWZLK-XCQNS-QSPGB
1 point codes-
BBMCJ-MBDWF-CCPGB
BBRZW-BPBWW-NZPGB
BBWJL-NMMWK-XHPGB
BCPTK-XPTCQ-TJPGB

I actually put both this months mailers on this list so if you come up with an already used code that's why. I don't know how long these code's last so hurry and use them.
Play the interactive game where you find the babies. This is 2 points per play and you can win $10-35,000 dollars this game is only until October and they claim 4,000 winners a week. I blew through 75 points fast and no win, so I made an account under Daniel's name and redid all the codes and that time I won $10. A week later I had Lillie sign up and I won $20. Also there is an instant win game it's the kohls $25 gift card one and it is 1 point to play and 300 winners a day so if you have an extra point give it a shot, I'd rather win the cash but either one is awesome. Let me know how it goes!!!!

One last thing that I wanted to mention was to those soon to be new mommy's out there huggies came out with an awesome product. Between my two babies and you all know there isn't much time between them but they came out with these newborn diapers with a wet strip down the middle that changes color if there is any moisture (front to back so even if they poo you can tell) without taking the diaper off. We all know they are a little hard to tell sometimes and you have to sniff or touch it, yuck now just peek to see if the strip is blue. Lifesaver for me because Liam hates his diaper off and I don't have to take it off to check and make him scream.

Well if any of you have some tips let me know!!!!

1 comment:

C Tam said...

Cool post! Thanks for the heads up on moisture-alert diapers. Also, I'm so happy for you to find that papasan swing at such a great price! Congrats for freeing up some time for yourself (putting Addy to work pushing Liam is brilliant).