Friday, September 25, 2009

perfect moments

I had one of those perfect moments today. You know the ones, where you could live in that moment in time forever and wish you could feel that feeling all the time. They're precious, memorable and sometimes life changing. I had Liam on my lap rocking him a little, humming a made up tune and Addy looked at me then ran into her room and came back dragging one of her favorite soft and cuddly blankets, it was the black one and when she crawled up on the couch next to me it covered her face except for her gorgeous liquid blue's that the black accentuated so that they were even more stunning if that's possible. She finally wriggled her way up and sat on my other knee. She handed me her blanket for me to wrap around her and then laid her head across my chest looking up at me. She slid her head down and laid it against Liam and this was IT. My two babies were looking at me and they both smiled. My heart melted! It hasn't been the easiest adjustment this having two kids and Addy hasn't even showed that much interest in her brother, but here it was these two cuddled up and staring adoringly at me, their mommy, a title I take for granted to often and totally feel undeserving of this devotion but I'm selfish so I'll take all of these precious moments I can.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh Susie~ How wonderful! That is really special!

C Tam said...

Yay, you make me so excited to be a mom! One month away from my "guess date, btw. =D

Alana said...

I am so excited to see my little Addy in about a month and a half. This post makes me so jealous, I cant wait to have kidlins. hopefully it wont be too long

Amanda said...

Susie, you make it so I can't wait to be a mom. I love watching you with your little babies. You are such a great mother!