After helping with breakfast and watching Addy play, Daniel and I got to take a ride into Driggs to the Broulims, we had a sleeping Liam with us so it was a nice time to talk and we looked at the huge houses Daniel had helped build when we lived in Rexburg. (the cabin we stayed in)
We then got back and Addy, Liam and I took a nap while Daniel helped with the roof maintenance. We got lunch together and explored. Then LaRae held Liam while Daniel and I took Lincoln and Addy around the ranch on the fourwheeler to take cute photo's. Addy loved the freedom of the place and was constantly outside with the kids. We looked at my dream kitchen in the main lodge.
Josh needed pictures taken for a school report so Daniel watched the kids while Josh took me around on the fourwheeler to find things to take pictures of. We had a nice meal of chili and potatoes, played uno, roasted marshmallow's for s'mores and went to bed.
Day Two- had a leisurely breakfast, cleaned up and took family pictures around the ranch. We went to see some of my old professor's in Rexburg and my old boss, due to nap and being there one day less than I thought I didn't get to see everyone I wanted but maybe next time. We had lunch at Daniel's cousin Joy's and her husband Eric and their cute new baby Olivia's apartment while Addy napped. We then just chatted and the boys watched football. We took them out to one of our favorite places when we lived there Taco Izcali's. We also tried a new gelato shop which was way yummy. We watched a movie and we stayed the night at their apartment .
Day Three- We woke up got ready and went down the street to my good friend Ashley's apartment. Her and her new husband Tyler fixed us breakfast and some of their friends and Ashley's cousin Lexi who I knew way back in 03 and haven't seen since then. It was a nice breakfast and we said our goodbyes and went back to Joy's to put Addy and ourselves down for a nap. We slept until about 1:30 pm and then we ate hamburgers Eric had grilled. We said goodbye the them and want to say thanks again for their great hospitality, good advice, and awesome food. We love you guys! We then headed towards Idaho Falls to see my good friend and old roommate Melissa. I haven't seen her in two years and it's been killing me that she hadn't even met my kids. She had just had a surgery on an infected wisdom tooth and I was having a tension headache so we were quite the pair but it was still awesome to see her I missed her so much! We love you Mel.
We then went on our way to Salt Lake and the last hour we had both kids screaming and Daniel was grumpy because BYU getting creamed so it wasn't the most pleasant drive and we were sure glad to get to Kara and Skyler's (more of Daniel's cousins) apt in Salt Lake City. Kara made us yummy navajo taco's and we stayed up talking while the boys played nintendo about her pregnancy and how we are so excited she's going to have a baby, thanks guys for being so great! We went to bed and this morning we got going and Daniel made it in time to teach his Sunday school class. It was an awesome vacation and we loved being on our own schedule and doing our own thing, it was good for me too so I could see that getting out with 2 kids can be done but it is nice to get home. (the rest of the pic's later)
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! i love all the pictures... wow. daniel is one good lookin cuss!!!! good work on your picture taking skills Suz:)
Yeah he looks like a rugged man. Those pictures of the kids are so adorable! I love them!
Hey there Susie! It's Rog from EPlove and I'm an Ellsworth too. We live in Yucaipa, Ca. My dad Kent Ellsworth is from Arizona, Texas, New Mexico and here, sunny Southern California. We are part of the Rex Ellsworth horse Ellsworths. Not sure you know about them but it sure was nice to digitally meet you and thanks for your nice words on our blog. Our hearts are touched every time someone leaves a comment.
Stay Inspired.
-Rog
Post a Comment