Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My son planks better than me

I am feeling pretty bad about how long it's been, I look at my computer everyday and think, man I need to blog! I have lots of excuses, I couldn't find my battery charger for my camera, Daniel takes the computer to school, etc. But the truth is that I am tired! My kids are each hitting a new stage that seems to disrupt schedules and wear out mommy. Adelaide is starting those terrible two's, she hits now (she never did before but now joyfully hits at nursery, grandma's house, and anywhere gage and lincoln are) She is also acting like she wants to get potty trained. Not sure if I'm ready but every morning I put her on the potty and she goes, then throughout the day you'll find her taking her diaper off and pulling her pants back on (even if the diaper is dry) (addy insisted on wearing her hat and she had an oreo for her treat) I'm sick of wasting diapers so I think I might start her in a few weeks after our company leaves and I can spend some time on home. Another new thing is no more binky. She lost her last one and wouldn't take another so I said good riddance and let her cry to sleep it's been 4 days and though naps are a little shorter all in all she's done great. I actually get more sleep because the binky was becoming a problem about 6 times a night she'd lose it in her covers or under her bed and cry until we came and found it so now that that's over things are back to normal... with her anyways Liam on the other hand is another story. Both the kids go to sleep great and Liam needs his binky back in 1-2 times a night so nights have been pretty awesome, naps Liam fights and he's got quite the pair of lungs. This week I felt like between the two kids trying to get them to sleep and stay asleep I was up and down for the entire nap time, if one was sleeping the other was crying about something! Same nap time is crucial for me, because I can rest, do laundry or dishes or anything else without Addy at my heels. (look close for gigantic tooth)Anyways Liam's tooth has gotten so big and he knows how to use it, Grandpa Stout had to have a little chat with him and said he better be careful with that thing or his mommy will quit feeding him... I'm hoping he listened because it hasn't been fun. Liam is also crawling really well which makes picking up after Addy a full time job to keep Liam from choking on her "mess". All in all things are good but I am excited for this transitioning period to be over.
In other news Roma's son Bryce is coming home from his mission, we're excited to see him and be around him lots. He comes in on Friday and we all go to the airport to welcome him home.
My diet is coming slowly but surely, I've lost 5 pounds in a little over a week. Hoping to lose 2 more this week. I've been exercising 3-4 times a week but this week am shooting for 6 times. So far so good, I go to the gym at 9 am M,T,F for kickboxing, strength training, and turbo kick classes. We added Wed night class of cycling which my legs are still shaking from. Tomorrow I'm hoping to run on the elliptical and do some abdominal work, same with Saturday. Anyways I feel good and just need to keep at it. It helps that Steph goes with me to the classes, and that Daniel works out for his school class almost every day so I have more motivation. In class we always do some planks (in the push up position for about 1-2 minutes) I can never do it but Liam does them all the time for such long periods he LOVES it, if only my class could see him they'd be pretty impressed by this boys core strength :)
Well I wanted to leave this post with a video of Addy playing with Grandma Ellsworth's horse she gave her. This was back when it was colder today we went to the park with just light jackets it hit in the 60's so I've been excited!! Well here it is Grandma thanks!! (to translate she says horsey, then no cow, then neighs, then says ride, then thank you)

7 comments:

C Tam said...

that's so funny about the planking! I'm really happy for you to be on such a good exercise routine right now. I just recently started using the treadmill again. *sigh*

Cute video!

Juliette said...

Cute! Oh and I love your family picture on your heading, you guys are so cute!

Hayley said...

I love these kids..that plank thing is so cute!!

I do want to help with the garden. But I have no idea where to start??? DO I go buy seeds and stuff?! Haha HELP ME!!

Karli said...

cute cute kids! Glad for an update too! Missed you. And, awesome on your weight loss-keep up the good work...I'm jealous and scared to get back on the wagon after this baby! Thanks for sharing your binky story too, I may have to get rid of Gray's too but I think I'll wait till after baby boy #2 gets here and he has a while to adjust. (:
Love you!

Larsen Family said...

Love your post! Sorry about the sleep and naps! Very important. If you figure anything out about the hitting, let me know. We just started hitting me and all the children she can reach, I have no idea what to do to stop it! Got to love this stage!

Sara Anne said...

I havn't looked at blogs in a while...but it was good timing, cause 1. we will be in hurricane tomorrow morning, so now we can plan to see brycey-poo too, and 2. I have been working out 4 mornings a week finally, until this week when I was asked to sub at the rec center during the time's I can drop the kids off and exercise normally, SO please can I work out with you Saturday at least, I did go today, but I need to keep up on it, the endorphins are crucial for me right now. See you tomorrow! cute, cutie pies btw!

Unknown said...

so I didn't come and use your eliptical, because I didn't have a vehicle....instead I did a walk around the block at the flat with Rae Rae. Wish we could have seen more of you guys! if sheldon wasn't working while we were down there, we would have had more time to visit at Romies and such.