Wednesday, February 17, 2010

crying wolf

This weekend has been busy, fun, tiring, and schedule breaking. I think I said before that Bryce is home from his mission. This has been fun and different at the same time. The kids like him and Addy's favorite word now is Bwice. Anyways Bryce had homecoming report on Sunday and we had quite the group for this weekend. Shall I name a few.... Jordan, Miranda, Kara, Skyler, Uncle John, Amanda, Alana, Steve, Shauna, Laura, Mason, Rachel, Angela, Emma, Savannah, Sydney were the ones staying here and next door. Then there was Tonette and Netta's families, my in-laws and a few of the siblings families. Some cousins on Bryce's side and some of my own cousins were in town. Our Sunday dinner was about 150 people. My goodness it was nice to see all the people. But with great crowds and great fun come repercussions for the parents. With kids usually use to a semi quiet house it's not easy keeping them sleeping and then when everyone else goes to sleep you are compelled to keep them quiet which did not go well the first night since Liam's second tooth was coming in (it has now broken through) and that kid has a set of lungs on him. Normally I wouldn't feed Liam at 2:30 a.m. but when he wouldn't stop crying I gave it a try, of course that meant I had to the next day also and am now trying to get him back on track after everyone is gone. I was thinking about how parents are constantly dealing with changes in their kids schedules and etc it's not easy and definitely not fun when they're in pain. Anyways Liam can cry his eyes out and you start thinking something is really wrong but as soon as you pick him up he sure turns into a smiling happy boy. Addy also has started crying wolf instead of just crying she screams owie owiieeee over and over, I go in and she's holding her arm or her leg or something but when I pick her up she smiles and says "outside?" The little stink! I've just been feeling so tired of trying to get my kids to be back on track hopefully this week will be all it takes of course we're taking a quick trip to Salt Lake so that will probably leave me starting all over. Oh well i guess that's life and the company is totally worth it. I better go my dramatic daughter has been trying really hard to get me to let her out of her crib even though she's suppose to be taking a long nap!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh sad :( The little punkins are all off schedule! But they are cute little punkins, and I lub dem. I hope it goes better for you! Thanks for the fun weekend!

Hayley said...

I am so lucky I get to visit you and the kids so often. That Liam is so handsome and Adelaide makes my heart melt with her new words and huge smile and laugh!! LOVE YOU SUSIE!!