NUMBR ONE: Potty Training (this is a pic of Addy a long time ago when she wanted to go every morning)
Addy has been showing signs for awhile and I kept putting it off and then when I decided it was time it just was not going well after a few days of only one success and lots of accidents I didn't really know what to do I didn't want to put a diaper back on so I ended up with a pull-up. No offense to those who are a fan of pull-ups but I hate the idea, I read a study about how children are potty trained so much later now then years ago, and how people say it's because their bodies aren't ready which I don't believe personally, the study said that because of the development of diapers training started later (I mean who wants to keep washing nappies forever) but then the diaper companies added pull ups to make money for kids up to 4-5 years old when in the old days children were potty trained by 18 months normally. So for me putting on the pull-up was not what I wanted but I got the stomach flu and pull-ups were at least different looking than the diapers and when we go places I would put them on so she wouldn't have accidents at other people's houses but she was having no successes with the pull-ups except occasionally. Anyways not sure where I'm going with this except I am using the pull-ups for naps and church/longer outings so yes I do think now they have their place but not for the actual training, she could care less if she goes in her pull-up but if she wets her panties/ or goes on the floor she cries and is upset which is a reaction you want.
And the last two days haven't been half bad literally she had equal amounts of successes and accidents but she also has one a day that she initiates going potty herself without me asking so that is huge, and so far today.... no accidents and 2 successes so things are looking up. FYI when at home I am letting her go without anything, sometimes a dress sometimes naked I'm not sure if this is the best but I've had better luck, I hope to get a few days of accident free then start adding other clothing. The undies she wears sometimes but I think she sometimes mistakes them for a diaper or something because she'll still have accidents. Anyways feel free to give advice, I know every kid is probably different (my cousin's daughter Tippy got potty trained in a day and never had one accident.... even at night/nap...I WISH) but I'm open to suggestions I just know I don't want to quit. Well so I guess I'm now accountable or at least Addy is, so we'll let you know how things go.
NUMBER 2:
My heart skipped even thinking about announcing this... It's scary, can be embarrassing and such a personal struggle but I know it's a step to just tell people so I will be accountable. WEIGHT LOSS!!!! First off I'm not to the point where I can tell people the weight I am or was at, I think one person who may read this blog knows that because she helped me the last time I lost weight and I'm about the same as when I started back then. Anyways I need to lose a lot. I did lose 5 pounds last week but that was before I had about 3 days of awful eating (party for Father-in-law) but I am resolved to make my goal of losing at least 30 pounds by September, I know I can do it. Some things I'm doing is low simple carbs (white breads, etc) but some natural carbs (fruits, etc) less starchy foods (potatoes) and no sugar foods. Protein and lots of Veggies. Also I was exercising at the gym but I haven't lately my husband and I are starting P90x so we'll see how that goes. We're hoping to add biking an some running into our weeks (our kids like the bike trailer rides) Anyways wish me luck, and now I feel like I'm responsible for the outcome.
One quick life update because I'm way behind. I told in a previous post that Daniel and I were going to a hotel and night out away from kiddos for my birthday. I was nervous and did call a few times to see how my kiddos were but it was really fun. First off Addy was so excited for her sleep over at Tippy and Gage's house. Daniel dropped her off and we had let her pick out a $5 movie at Walmart for her to take... she picked a barbie movie because Tippy would love it and Daniel said she was so happy to take her overnight bag in and then as soon as the kids came running to say hi (they were excited too) Addy dropped her bag dug in a pulled the movie out and said "look Tip!!!" Steph said she did great! She slept in a big bed (she did fall off in the night but was okay) When she came home the next day she didn't want Steph to leave her, she talked about it for days too, I was a little sad my little girl didn't miss me one bit. (BTW: Steph had her baby girl Ava yesterday!!!!)
Liam also did great, Auntie Comet said he was awesome and blew me off when I called to check on him because she was watching the Glee finale and he was sleeping like a champ!! Thanks Comet again for being a great "Auntie".
Anyways we had a great time this was the hotel (the majestic view lodge in Springdale,Ut (ZION)

We ate at a really fancy restraunt (though the name doesn't sound like it) the spotted dog. We watched the glee finale and the best part we slept in. We then ate breakfast on the way home at a place we hadn't tried and by that time I was anxiously waiting to see my baby so we went home but it was really a good time. Thanks Babe, and the baby sitters.
1 comment:
As for potty training... my best advice (and you probably don't want to hear this) is to put it off as long as possible. I know there are a lot of gurus out there who say this and that, but my experience with my three potty trained ones are that if you put it off as long as you can, they will potty train themselves. I tried for 6 months with Emma and it was a nightmare. When she was ready, she just did it herself. So I waited longer with Sara, and it was easier. For girls, I wait until they are 3 and then it is a snap. But, it sounds like you are already to move ahead. My next best advice is to take a few days where you can really focus just on potty training. Give her lots to drink and lots of time on the potty so she can have lots of successes.
Post a Comment