Saturday, July 17, 2010

FOR GOOD

So my trip to San Francisco had it's up's and down's. Really mostly up's but Liam hates pack and plays so sleep schedules were not great, and though he did ok on the flight there the flight back was pure misery for me, luckily it was only an hour flight. Now for the good stuff.

We got there Thursday and my brother Will picked us up. We were so tired we just ate at one of Will's favorite place and then went to their house and went to sleep. Then we went swimming, and we had yummy dinner. My friend Stevie got to come over and it was good to see her, I haven't seen her in awhile. We tried to go find a movie but that didn't work out but we all got mini ben and jerry's and vegged out. My friends loved Stevie (I knew they would) and I wish I could have spent more time with her.

Liam got along with Will's daughter Ryann who turns 1 tomorrow! Liam turns one on Monday so they are very close, but Ryann is walking and Liam's not. He also warmed up to the puppy.

Well Ace, Comet, and I went to Santa Cruz, and San Francisco, we hung out at the pool, had yummy food and milkshakes and a great time... of course the best part was WICKED. So good, really it was an emotional experience, and very entertaining. The orpheum theatre was gorgeous and even though we had the high up seats it was very good and worth the whole trip....vocals were FANTASTIC. So here are some pics of the trip
Liam and Ryann ready to take a walk.

The girls on Lombard street!!
I know I'm a wimp but we walked 5 miles around the city and in flip flops that is a lot! Some up those incredibly steep streets, my calves hurt so bad the next day.
Leslee, me, Ace, and Comet @ Wicked!!! Thanks for driving Leslee!
My girls!!!
SANTA CRUZ
LIAM absolutely loved the ocean, and didn't seem to notice how freezing cold it was, he wanted to jump in!!!
Thanks, Will and Leslee you guys are always so hospitable.

So I know my friend Comet put on her blog the sweetest post dedicated to Ace and I, but I share the same sentiments. And the video link was definitely our song at Wicked.
The Lyrics that I think apply the most are these:



I've heard it said
that people come into our lives
for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
and we are lead to those
who help us most to grow
if we let them and we help them in return
Well i dont know if i believe that's true
But i know i'm who i am today
because i knew you.

so much of me is made from what i learned from you
You'll be with me
like a hand print on my heart
Now whatever way our stories end
I know you have rewritten mine
by being my friend

I know that I was led to Camp K for several reasons and two of the biggest reasons were to meet these girls. I tear up just thinking about what they have done and would do for me. My children call them Aunts and they really are, I know that if anything ever happened to me these girls would do all they could to help my children, and I know it sounds morbid but I think about that sometimes. That these girls were part of one of the most influential experience of my life and they would be able to bear witness of that to my children. It isn't easy to keep relationships after you get married and have kids as many of you know, but the fact that these girls and I have not only kept in touch but have developed a very special friendship the last 4 years is a testament to how much we care about each other and how dedicated we are. Things are changing in all of our lives (some great things) and yet I know that we will always be close and know I can call upon them on any time and they would come to my aid. I know that because I've known them I have been changed for the better. I love you girls thank you so much for the wonderful time!!!





2 comments:

Miranda-Jayne said...

I am sooo jealous you got to see wicked!!!! I'm a theater junkie and still haven't seen it...and I agree with the song...some people are just meant to come into our lives!

Hayley said...

I have chills! You are amazing Susie Ellsworth Stout, I love you so much. Dang right I would take care of your stinkin cute kids, but nothing is going to happen :) BECAUSE I KNEW YOU! That is our new slogan.