Thursday, January 6, 2011

REWIND

So a week before Christmas we had rushed home to make dinner for our scouts who were coming to do a lesson on manners. 10 minutes before they show up the lights go off! Thank goodness Daniel wasn't at work because he had his dewalt flashlight which lit up both rooms and the candles we had wouldn't have cut it. So we bagged scouts and luckily dinner was already made. The kids went to bed pretty easy, thank goodness it was at night. Anyways we decided Scrabble by candlelight was a pretty good idea. I won! (I cheated :)
Speaking of candle light notice the melted candles... this is due to a surprise dinner made by my sweetheart for our 4th anniversary. I have resigned myself that we will probably have no money for our anniversary due to it's close proximity to Christmas. But for right now thats okay, because my hubby got me out of the house and cleaned the entire place and made yummy chicken with a great salad. It's pretty sweet that he got creative and got a babysitter and everything. That's gift enough for me :) We watched Despicable Me (a christmas gift from Bryce) and we both really thought it was cute! Yeah for making it 4 years!!!
I don't want to be a braggart, but we got a few amazing gifts. Sweet Kara went and took these pics to spell out... well you figure it out I think it's so creative and I LOVE IT!


Our amazing Aunt Roma gave Daniel all these bound family histories and I have enjoyed learning about his amazing ancestors. Such a great idea huh!
The New Year started out great! Especially for Addy she had her first bubble bath (yeah yeah what kind of mom am I?) But this was one kind of bath with the jetted tub at Roma's, she loved it. Liam ended up in there too but I forgot to get a pic!

So this week has been a lot of me trying to keep some resolutions. I am still journaling and reading scriptures. But I added being a better housekeeper and going to the temple more among other things. I am trying to teach my kiddos that toys stay in the toy room and to put things away. I also realize how many times I need to do a general pick up just so things don't get out of hand. Those things plus making sure the kitchen is clean before I go to bed have been going good, but the clean laundry for the kids has just been piling in a basket I need to do some serious rearranging of clothes.
Notice the child labor!
and the kids huge basket of clothes, anyone wanna come fold for me? PULEEEZ

Finally this video shows Liams cute little voice. It's a little long but I just love how he says LARRY! Such a sweet boy, and the best news ever he's in nursery full time now!

1 comment:

Alana said...

oh my gosh. he has such a sweet voice. i miss you guys so much!!!