Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sweet Sunday Shots

Meet Ray
He's a little baby. We babysat him for 24 hours which pretty much entertained my kids for that amount of time.
Besides doggy sitting I got to do something I've been wanting to do for a few years. Get some good after Christmas prices on Christmas decor. I was pretty pleased with my haul from Targets 90% off sale and Walmart's 75% off sale. I am really looking forward to my tree next year :)!

filled a bin for under $25 the ornaments (multiply each one by 5-8)

Saturday night we had our back to the grindstone party! We invited Comet and her boyfriend Dan, McKenzie (comet's sister... remember Addy was her flower girl) and her hubby Lane. We invited Kara and Skyler (but Skyler's schedule got changed) Kara came with sweet baby Ann though. Since Lane, Kenz, Dan, and Daniel were going back to school tomorrow we decided to have a pizza and pasta bar, play games, have a hot cocoa bar and then the boys go and play basketball. It turned out really well. We just got to put our own pizza toppings on, ate pasta and breadsticks while we waited for the pizza to cook. The boys watched a football game then we cleared the table and got ready to play one of the minute to win it games. If I had been thinking ahead I would have got the stuff for lots of the games but oh well the one I prepared for was fun! (BTW if you've never heard of minute to win it google it and have fun the next time you have a party!)

We played Don't blow the joker. TIME: 60 seconds. Object: Without using hands blow and entire deck of cards off a glass bottle leaving only the last card (usually a joker). Sounds easy... yeah right go try it. Though we had a few close calls only Lane managed to get just one!


Later we played kinect on the xbox... hahaha it was pretty funny to watch and I'll tell you a secret. Daniel has been wanting me to play this for quite awhile but I haven't wanted to because I try not to show interest in any xbox game because he'll use it against me to try to get one. I have said no gaming system till he gets a degree. Anyways we used his brother's system and I didn't get up and play until the boys left. Then comet and I were by ourselves and we decided to play it one time before packing the kids up to go watch the game. Oh, it was pretty funny and I had a really good time, but to be honest sometimes the advancements of this technology creep me out!
I think my favorite thing of the night besides the company was how well the hot cocoa bar turned out. I came up with my own flavor and I think it was super deliciouso! And leaves room for so many possibilities. So here's the recipe!
In your cocoamotion (if you don't have one just do it in the pan on the stove)
put some milk I didn't measure but I think it would be about 2-3 cups. Add some Hershey chocolate bar. about one line of the big ones, and 1-2 lines of a big Hershey Cookies and Cream bar. Push the start button and let your machine heat and mix it all up. Add french vanilla marshmallows (or just regular, or whip cream) and enjoy. It really tasted like cookies and cream. YUM! You can use symphony bars, carmellows, nutella, really anything just mix with your milk in your cocoamotion and enjoy!

Well I'll end this with some Sweet Sunday Shots. Basically I loved Addy's outfit especially with her hairband that Bryce's girlfriend BreAnn made for her for Christmas.



I know I am biased but I think she is so beautiful and is going to be a heart stopper when she's older
Oh, and for my sister Lillie, Vaughn thinks that I look like you now with long hair, you know how long I've wanted long hair so here's my progress... Addy really wants long hair too but she has a ways to go.


3 comments:

Hayley said...

Dan and I had such a great time!! Love you, and thanks for tending my baby!!

Amanda said...

Nice haul! Getting that stuff after the holidays is the best. And you aren't too buased, Addy really is a lovely little doll! And that Liam is a little prince! He has changed so much!

Alana said...

your hair is getting way long! and your curtains-i have the same fabric for my bench i did a little while back!