It's Valentines Day!! It's also a happy birthday to friends from home Denise and J.D. , and to our cousin in China, Jordan! Valentines is kinda funny. Both Daniel and I never really had Valentines before we met so it's still new this day of love celebrating. Want to see what I got Daniel....

Let's take a peek shall we...

Hahaha Really?? Sorry but spending $58 plus on something silly isn't in my budget... however buying him my favorite body wash is practical, though we both laughed when we came out of "That" store with only something for him :) I also got him a tie, book, and 2 new King size pillows for our bed. Want to know what he got me?

Clothing for himself?!? Actually it's pretty funny. I told him that it was a hubby error that was going in the books. Just to clarify my hubby is very thoughtful, and not selfish. Now on to the story. Daniel talked Valentines day up this year... he had "plans" I told him it's no big deal but started wondering about these plans. When we took an unexpected trip to Provo to get our 1/2 a beef we ate out at a restaurant and I said oh this can be our Valentines, but he said nope I'm getting you something. Again with the hope raising. Anyways I decided to go get the pillows and book for him today thinking his plans were gonna show up my body wash and tie. He gets home with a big bag from Ross. Addy was so excited jumping up and down to show Daddy his "balentin" present that I didn't ask about the bag. As I was showing him his stuff, I said "oh, that shirt you have is new" He then said the shoes and pants are too and I got one more shirt. I started laughing saying sooo that's not for me? He turned red saying yeah my plans didn't work out I figure I'll just give you money for Valentines to go shopping. (Now in my defense I really don't care but he was building me up for a few days) I just laughed at him saying did you seriously buy yourself stuff today and come home to more gifts and not do anything for me? He told me all of his plans and I told him his problem was he was trying to make such a big deal out of Valentines. I didn't want a hotel suite reserved, or some fancy gift just a note saying have a fantastic day would have been the best. I told him next year don't tell me you've got big plans for us because it's hard not to feel let down. Live and learn huh. He was super sweet and watched mine & Stephs kids so we could go running. And he took me to the mall and to ice cream tonight. He cracks me up, telling me he's sorry I got a dud of a hubby. He couldn't be more wrong though. I don't know any other husband that is so willing to support in everything. He is always trying to encourage and pitch in, and that's worth far more than superficial gifts. Also he gave me best gift of all... a chance to be a mommy to these 2 love bugs

These two are so much fun to be with, they sure make my job easier!!!! Love you all and hope you had a great day with your loved ones, I know I did :)

4 comments:
He really is so great. You are such a perfect couple! Love you guys!!
hahah that his pretty funny.... funny as in ironic. steve kinda did the same thing. built it up and everything fell through... not that i care either about gifts and stuff- but the let down was kinda funny. it was SO goodto see you guys on saturday night. THANK you so much for coming over it totally made me day. cant wait for april
you guys are so dang cute together. i am so happy daniel married you, susie! we miss you guys!
I love the pics by the fridge....so cute!!
Post a Comment