Wednesday, April 27, 2011

EASTER WEEK

Well last week we had some fun and went with cousins and friends to a splash pad. My kids LOVE water!!! Though in the past they shy from water spraying and gravitate towards large bodies of water. But they did so good and really enjoyed it.



On Saturday we were all sorts of excited. Mostly because Daniel had worked 96 hours this week and we finally got him for a day. We went up to Smith's Mesa which overlooks Zion National Park and had our easter egg hunt and luncheon on the property there. The cousins had fun seeing each other, and it was quite different then just hiding eggs in the grass.



So although the Easter egg hunt was a blast that evening I was miserable though. I caught a flu bug and was throwing up every 20 minutes ALL night. NOT FUN! But on the upside the desserts I indulged in had no chance at all to up the scale :)
EASTER SUNDAY: I was still weak from being up all night and Daniel had a 24 hr shift that day. BUT it was Easter I decided to buck up and head to Church at 9 am. I did make it to Sacrament but left after due to my children being grumpy and mommy being ill equipped to handle the grumpiness. When they went down for naps I mournfully called my mom telling her I was having a hard time "liking" my children today. Yup I'm a bad mommy, but after I got a nap I was a little better. I attempted to show Addy some clips about the real meaning behind EASTER. But after watching them she buried her head in my shoulder and said "that's scary" mommy. She didn't like them hurting Jesus (me neither baby :) Anyways sick and all I made a ham and rolls and went to LaRae's with family to have Easter dinner. I do wish I could have felt a little better to really enjoy Easter Sunday and the spirit I usually feel. I've always loved Easter and had to smile when thinking about how we always watched the ten commandments on Easter Sunday and I looked forward to it every year. Hopefully next year I can bring a more spiritual emphasis to this Holiday.

No comments: