Also this whole month has been full of park play, grandma's house, splash pads, McDonalds play house lunch dates and so on! I try to give the kids a couple hours of fun run around time before naps and they sure love it. Addy's favorite is playing with cousins! But her all time recreation of choice is when sweet Aunt Heidi takes them on a horse ride
I love this pic because it describes the flat perfectly NO SHOES REQUIRED. Lots of kids who kick off their shoes (much to their parents chagrin) and run around like natives. Looking for eggs, chasing turkeys and chickens, running from geese. Feeding cows and pigs. Getting yelled at because their wasting Grandma's water spraying each other. Building forts and playing in tree houses and sand. Pretending to drive tractors (unless your Tyson then you aren't pretending) And cramming on a saddle to get a horsey ride. We love the Flat and the fact that when we go there we don't see our kids for hours unless we seek them out because they're to busy having fun they forget to whine and cry about the silly things.
Anyways I did want to mention one thing I did on my birthday that was so fun. I went to my cousin Emily's baby shower ( I was dense and didn't get a pic of the mommy to be) but it was at her sisters house who had baby girl Amelia a few days before LaRae had Jason.

I knew my Grandma was going to be down so I brought her antique bench that LaRae inherited (can you inherit something from someone still living?) Anyways it's from the late 1800's and LaRae wanted me to get a recording of her on the settee talking about it which I did. I also took some pics... my favorite is Below.

I love my sweet Grandma. She's my only living Grandparent and she's turning 92 this year! She looks awesome I think!!! I sure love her fun personality and her kind words that she always has for us. She gives the sweetest hugs and kisses and makes you so loved. I couldn't think of a nicer thing to do on my birthday than sitting next to her holding her hand. LOVE you Grandma.

1 comment:
Can you get me a copy of this picture of Grandma?!!! I love all the pictures and am happy to see how great you are all doing!!!!
Post a Comment