Friday, September 16, 2011

Part of my world


Like the title? Remind you of something? Maybe a certain Disney Movie? Well you'd be right this post is mostly about a certain red headed finned princess. But first I wanted to write about "part of my world" the last couple months.
I am NOT a nice pregnant woman.
hahahah.... seriously though I have a very limited amount of patience and it is used up on my children daily. Poor kiddos :) I am trying not to use the words "go away" or "leave me alone for a minute" too often. Not easy when Daniel is gone sometimes up to 36 hours straight and Mom is just DONE. On the flip side little baby boy is up and moving, which makes me happy and I forget how precious that feeling in. Also both kids daily give the "baby" kisses and talk to my belly.
Besides my body changing, my hair is definitely the longest it's ever been and I have to say it's been an adjustment. How come no one told me that having long hair took a learning curve? I consistently find my hair just lying in my plate or I am eating it on accident. When I sleep I pin myself to the pillow when trying to get up. It is taking me some time and causing some embarrassment but Daniel loves it and I do too so I guess it's worth it.
Speaking of hair and new things... Look at my cute new nephew. Who has a ton of hair and is just making me itch for February to come.
Now back to the feature!! First off one other thing that has made this last month GREEEAAATTT is Addy is officially potty trained!!! LOVE it. I think her ending up in preschool made the difference ever since she has been going number 2 in the potty like a champ (she had #1 down for about a year) Anyways about 2 months ago we were in Costco and Addy leaped out of the cart and went running to a table that was promoting Tuacahn's little mermaid. (BTW if you have never been to Tuacahn, it is a MUST). There was an "Ariel" there and Addy jumped on her lap started petting her hair (and her shells :) and kept saying in a whispered voice "You're a Mermaid" over and over. Later I told her we might go see the Little Mermaid. Well when she started going #2 I told her if she went 10 days no accidents I would take her. She didn't forget and kept bugging. I called one of our favorite people Hayley "Comet" Coombs and asked if she'd like to join. She jumped at the chance and we took Addy. Steph and our friend Sophie happened to be going that night so we carpooled. We went to dinner and then to the play. Every stop Addy would say "Is this the little mermaid mom?" I would say...no this is comet's house, or this is dinner. She was impatient. So much that when I told her we were going and we had to go pick up Steph she said "Mom, let's just not get Steph let's go to Ariel RIGHT NOW!!!" hahahaha.... it was wonderful and though I preferred Tarzan last year I thought it magical. Addy did great and it was worth it all just to get to see her see Ariel and Prince Eric.

right outside Tuacahn...so excited



my little Ariel.

Sophie and Steph getting excited.

it was dark and about to start.

after the show... with Ursula. They had a few awesome scenes with her!

hugs for the Princess

Addy really loved her.

crown envy
thanks for coming Comet we both love you!!!!!
so glad she got to do this and we're already excited with the announcement Tuacahn made about next years Aladdin!!!!

2 comments:

Patrick, Lindsay and Jack said...

Awww... this melts my heart! I love you all! Especially Addy. And especially Mav, and especially Comet, too. :) Wish I could have been there. :(

Alana said...

this is so precious. i love little adds so much,ahhh i miss you guys!