I laugh a bit when I think back on how slow this past month has gone compared to how quickly the last few days have flown by. Little Man was set to arrive February 13th, but he was measuring early, all my kids have come early so I was thinking okay this guy is coming early. January 14th I had an appointment and I was dilated to a 3. With each of my other kids that meant in about 4 days I would have him, so I was excited and nervous but a week went by and no baby or many contractions. My next appointment I was at a 4, so I was sure that I would have him that next week. A few days after my appointment I was up for 5 hours in the night with pretty good contractions, they made my legs shake and I was nauseous so I knew these were the real deal. They were 7 minutes apart and so I was packing kids stuff waiting for things to get a little closer and then I was going to wake Daniel up and get going but around 4:30 am they slowed and I laid down and fell asleep, much to my chagrin I didn't have another contraction for an hour, and then they were about an hour to an hour and a half apart after that (despite my 3 mile walk, and zumba). This was disappointing, but I knew that things would get going soon, um I was wrong :) With little or no contractions I made it another week much to my and the doctors surprise.
The next appointment I was at a 5 and more than a little frustrated at how things were progressing. Don't get me wrong. I was excited to be so far dilated without too much pain, but felt like this was my first time again because nothing was like my other two. Also my mom wanted to be there but it was getting hard to plan (she had to get a sub at school, etc) So when my doctor said do you want to schedule an induction Tuesday morning I said yes sir. He didn't think I'd make it to an induction, since it was a Thursday I had this appointment and we now had a definite date my Mom came Friday. It was fun to spend time with her and my kids and LaRae's definitely enjoyed having time with Grandma. But I was more frustrated and uncomfortable with every day and still nothing happening. I got a call Monday morning asking if I could come in (I guess we got the date confused) I jumped at the chance and 5.5 hours later I had my baby boy in my arms :)
Steele Miles Stout
Born Feb 6th
8.3 pounds
20.5 inches long
The whole thing went pretty well and this little boy was my biggest kid by a pound :)
I love how my hubby is so enthralled by babies, especially his own!
The actual delivery was less than 10 minutes so I was a happy girl!
I have been lucky enough to get to see 2 of my nephews born, it was such a beautiful experience for me that I have offered to several people to be able to come to a birth. My cousin Kara came for Liam and my friend Ace was there. But my Aunt Roma hasn't been to one ever so I told her I wanted her to come. It was special for me to get to have her there Addy is named after her and both Addy and Liam spent their first days living at Roma's house. She said it was pretty amazing so I think she enjoyed it.
kisses from Auntie Roma are the best :)
My mom was there and she's getting soft in her old age :) because I saw some tears in her eyes when I looked up at her after Steele arrived.
We cannot believe he's here. We love him so much already
Addy is especially excited to help Mom. Liam just keeps saying "My brudder came out of your belly mom!"
Daniel's Dad is holding his 71st grandchild!!!!
This baby has by far been my easiest adjustment. I am planning a post to talk about it because it's been pretty amazing to me. He's also pretty good, and every day is getting better and better for all of us.
We love you Steele and glad you've joined us here :)
6 comments:
You forgot to mention how he waited for his Aunt Comet and she loves him so much! :) Thanks for letting me be there, Susie. It was incredible. I'm glad some of the pictures turned out...I was nervous I was ruining it haha. LOVE YOU!
He is SO cute!!! I love the last two pictures! Please do tell me all about how it gets easier...bc I'm feeling overwhelmed thinking about the first few months of the next kids we have after Amelia-Jayne. I'm glad things are going so well and can't wait to see you and him in like 3 days!!!! xoxo
congrats susie. he's adorable and you look so great in the pictures. you're one hot mama!!! i love you dark hair!
i'm glad you're adjusting well. you are a great example to me.
denise.
This post made me get a little teary because it reminds me of being in the delivery room with Karli and shortly after Kelsey had Jaeger. Such a special and sacred time. You look absolutely radiant in your pictures...your beauty is stunning!
Can't wait to meet the newest member next time you come to visit!
Good luck settling in with #3!
ah, I love these photos. Awesome birth story, and wow, that color hair is the BEST on you!!! ps. your taste in name choices is tops as always. =)
Congrats! What a cute little man.
Post a Comment