So my sweet boy is 1 month old, and he is pretty awesome. We kinda like him :) I've gotten a few questions about his name and thought I'd do a little post so Steele and everybody else know's how it came about.
Woah, where'd I get all that cool stuff with his name on it?
And what's with the Honey?
First off my Grandpa Walter Runyon Steele was the only grandpa I knew and boy was he something!!! I love the Steele side of my family. I have about 80 first cousins on that side and quite a few of them have been my best friends throughout my whole life. Everyone of my brother's have the middle name Steele.
I have always wanted to choose names with meaning for my children. I knew they'd at least have a middle name that really meant something.
I chose Adelaide after my Grandpa Steele's mother
and Addy's middle name is for Daniel's aunt and grandma Roma.
For Liam I chose Daniel after his dad and my uncle Dan. And his middle name Liam is a shortname in Ireland for William (after my dad)
So when my Dad called and suggested Steele Stout as a possible name, I was
1. Shocked that my Dad would like it
2. Excited because I always wanted to name my kid Steele and didn't think it was too far out there thanks to a family in my home ward who had an adorable little boy named Steele.
So I cautiously approached Daniel with the name knowing it could only go 2 ways either he loved it or he hated it.
He loved it.
We did make the deal that if we had a scrawny lil boy we wouldn't name him Steele, but sure enough this boy must have wanted the name because he was a whole pound heavier than my other kids.
Steele after my grandpa/mom's fam
And Miles after Daniel's middle/greatgrandma's maiden name
Now for the honey bear.
Well I can't even see a bee and not think of the name Steele.
My Grandpa was a beekeeper once upon a time and all of my uncles have dabbled into it. 2 making it their profession.
Us Steele's like our honey :)
Which works just fine because this lil' Steele Boy is
just SWEET!



4 comments:
I'm technically not a Steele, but being married to one, I have to say I LOVE the Steele family and your wonderful cousins. I'm closer to you cousins than my own. And I LOVE you Susie! Love the name, he's a special boy.
I love love his name. and I LOVE that last picture. Steele is adorable!
What a little sweetie! I can't wait to meet him!!!
He really is soo precious. I like Amanda, cannot wait to meet him
Post a Comment