1. Denise- Denise was in 2 grades ahead of me, her sister was in my class and we were in the same ward. Once on recess Denise and a couple girls from her class decided to choreograph some of us younger girls in an impromptu music video (without the video), I still remember one move from it, and of course I remember the song ... AINT GOING DOWN TILL THE SUN COMES UP by Garth Brooks

2. Rhonda- Rhonda and I were friends from real little, she grew up on a dairy and it was the only house I really got to spend the night at. I just remember the Straw fort that we always played house in and would sometimes get in trouble because the chores weren't done. I also vaguely remember a dinner at your house where I got really embarrassed because I had to push my peas's onto my spoon with my finger because they kept slipping off and Ellis announced it to the whole table ( hey pea's are hard to get on a spoon:) Why I was so sensitive to something like that I don't know but needless to say I didn't finish my pea's and you whispered to me "it's okay"
3. Katie- first off Katie and I grew up together but she ended up marrying my first and one of my favorite FHE brother's so I've always felt a little invested into her even though I didn't set her up. But Katie I have the most random memory of you and it happened in high school we went to help with a field trip out to Vicki and Joel's farm and you brought your lunch and it was a turkey sandwich you told me your mom made it with butter instead of mayo and I was curious you let me have a bite and it was surprisingly good, the weird thing is even though I've never had another bite I can still remember how it tasted.
4. Jenny- Jenny is married to one of my oldest friends and your probably wondering Jenny why I tagged you because much to my dismay I don't know you that well and wouldn't have very many memories of you, but I do have a few of your hubby you might enjoy and one you might remember. First when we were little I always played over there and we played superhero's (jonathan's rolling his eyes right now because he's denied these events several times)
but there was only one superman cape and Jonathan always had to wear it, his mom would pin towels around Andrew and I but it wasn't the same, when I asked how come I couldn't wear the cape he said "Because a girl can't be superman" Second he once tried to get me to eat dog food and if it wasn't for Benjamin saving me I would have! And lastly when I first met you in Provo we went to church in the same building, the next time I saw you and Jonathan was coming down a stairwell I said hello and Jonathan yells out in front of everyone "Susie I had a dream about you, you pulled all of my teeth out one by one!" People stared and I was horrified that you would think I must be an awful person for him to even dream about something like that, let me tell you if anyone was mean it was the other way around because Jonathan and Eric once pushed me off my tricycle because they wanted a turn ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!
but there was only one superman cape and Jonathan always had to wear it, his mom would pin towels around Andrew and I but it wasn't the same, when I asked how come I couldn't wear the cape he said "Because a girl can't be superman" Second he once tried to get me to eat dog food and if it wasn't for Benjamin saving me I would have! And lastly when I first met you in Provo we went to church in the same building, the next time I saw you and Jonathan was coming down a stairwell I said hello and Jonathan yells out in front of everyone "Susie I had a dream about you, you pulled all of my teeth out one by one!" People stared and I was horrified that you would think I must be an awful person for him to even dream about something like that, let me tell you if anyone was mean it was the other way around because Jonathan and Eric once pushed me off my tricycle because they wanted a turn ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!4. Karli- I have a lot of good memories of you but this random one sticks out. You weren't quite engaged yet but we all knew it was coming and you called me and asked if I had Star Wars (I did actually) you wanted to watch them for Zac because he was a fan (you are such a sweetie) not just that but you wanted to know something about them. So Andrew (I'm pretty sure it was Andrew) and I came to your apartment to explain the movies while we watched them. It was so fun to me because I loved watching you start to understand and laughing under our breath when you wanted
Luke and Leia to get together and then you being shocked when you found out they were brother and sister!!! Hope Zac appreciated your efforts, don't think you became a fan but you watched them for him and that's on of the things I love about you!!!!
Luke and Leia to get together and then you being shocked when you found out they were brother and sister!!! Hope Zac appreciated your efforts, don't think you became a fan but you watched them for him and that's on of the things I love about you!!!!hope you enjoyed my memories. I did
5 comments:
I really enjoyed reading these memories, partly because you are a great writer, and partly because I remember most of these people from the summer I spent in Adrian! Did I ever tell you one of my best dorm buddies from college married Alan (Fuj)?
summer(s) plural. =)
Oh my goodness, Susie, that is hilarious! And he still loves Superman to this day! And I can't believe he pushed you off your tricycle on your BIRTHDAY! Eric must have been a bad influence.... :) hehe
suzie that is so funny. i remember that day too. i remember that we did that dance at the 5th 6th grade football half time. how funny. i knew i picked the wrong profession. i should've been a dancer all along. we both should have!
denise
What a fun tag! It is funny the things that we remember. I have to say that straw fort was tons of fun. One thing that sticks out in my mind is us singing the song from the little mermaid... over and over and over again! And whenever I bite into a strawberry I think of 'picking' strawberries. I don't think I really helped too much. And asparagus makes me think of Dons Lumber. Isn't that funny? It is hard to believe that we have our own kids that will soon be making those kinds of memories. Wish we lived closer! :)
Post a Comment