Well after our San Luis portion of the trip we headed back up to Monterey County (Daniel's uncle lives just outside of Santa Cruz) we had decided to drive up the infamous HWY 1 which is a coastal Hwy.

It was beautiful though it added about 2 hours to our trip. We saw Hearst castle from the road, (anyone who doesn't know about this castle go look it up because the pictures are amazing) Some day I want to take the tours.

Next I was driving Daniel crazy because I was trying to remember where the elephant seals pull out was and we stopped several times because I thought it was it, then to my shame when we did find it there was a huge sign on the road announcing it, Oh well it was worth it, Daniel liked the seals and Addy couldn't take her eyes off them, you can see in the first picture in the back right two big log looking things which were these huge seals then right behind Daniel's back to the left is a regular sized one

here is the surf at the the beach

you can see how many there were and that is just a few of them, then this guy right here was ginormous, I mean he was really HUGE!!
After that we kept going and I was a little sad because I got nauseous with how curvy the road was. We took a break in a small town called Gorda Springs and ate at the Whale Watchers cafe, it overlooked a good span of the ocean but to Daniel's chagrin no whale sightings why we were there. We then continued on our picturesque drive into Monterey where we looked through a little then moved on to Daniel's uncle's house (I was ready to be out of the car!!!!) The rest of the trip I'll post later!
After that we kept going and I was a little sad because I got nauseous with how curvy the road was. We took a break in a small town called Gorda Springs and ate at the Whale Watchers cafe, it overlooked a good span of the ocean but to Daniel's chagrin no whale sightings why we were there. We then continued on our picturesque drive into Monterey where we looked through a little then moved on to Daniel's uncle's house (I was ready to be out of the car!!!!) The rest of the trip I'll post later!
No comments:
Post a Comment