Monday, July 13, 2009

So this is my fourth of July catch up post.
It was a pretty fun filled weekend and I didn't get pictures of it all, but it was fun. Daniel's extended family started showing up the Wed before the fourth. We had a full house. All of Roma Ann's kids came home (except Bryce who is on a mission) including Taylor and his wife who lives in South Carolina and is a Marine, he'll be going to Afghanistan this fall so it was good to spend time with him. Here he is sharing some taffy with Addy.
Daniel's cousin from Omaha came with his cute little family, he is awesome and wanted to make the weekend fun for everyone so he rented a boat and a ranger for Thursday, a ranger and 4 four-wheelers for Friday, and 2 wave runners and 4 four wheelers for Saturday. He was so generous in making the weekend fun. I took it easy on Thursday, but went up to Smith's Mesa on Saturday (Comet came, yeah!!) we roasted hotdogs and rode four-wheelers. Saturday we went to the lake, Daniel was dying to try out the wave runners and boy did he, I went home after a few hours but Daniel stayed out there 6 hours and he (and everyone else) was burnt. We had a party here for Roma's mother in law who turned 90 and then watched fireworks from the front porch. All in all a good weekend with family but glad to get Addy back in her own room.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

She looks so cute in her swimming suit and little water sandals! Thanks for letting me spend Friday with you, I enjoy your little family so much :-) Love you!

Amanda said...

Susie! I love you too!! Such cute pictures, I'm glad you had your camera. It was such a fun weekend. I'm sure I'll see you guys soon :)