Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Is it bad if I'm glad it's not me?

So my cousin Alana pointed out how long it's been since I posted, well I told her I have no pictures and don't want to take pictures of my apartment until it look respectable instead of a war zone of DI vs. Keep. Well we're pretty much settled in but with Daniel working 72 hrs a week and going to school I am not done putting things away so slowly the garage makes it's way into the house and we get things put away. We still need some things like a table and curtains and bookcase etc. We did score a free couch and matching chair and they are real leather but unfortunately they look more vinylee (is that a term) because they are that dark green not the color combo I wanted but hey free is free eventually I can get something I LOVE. In other news Daddaddadum for those of you who have an invested interest in my vehicle situation (mostly steph) "My" car that we just bought and has been used for Daniel is about to become mine again. Our truck, the bane of my existence, the thorn in my side, our achilles heel (you get the picture) after 3 years of sitting sad broken and as expensive as paying for that ol' dead horse (if you have a 19,000 dollar horse) is paid off and will be running in a week it is getting worked on as I type but you never know some things could go wrong...not that I'm being pessimist, just a realist so fingers crossed. And now since I don't have any pictures I'm going to post about 2 of my favoritist cousins-in-laws that I am excited for but at the same time I'm glad it's not me (is that bad?) So here are two pregnant for the first time soon to be mommys
First off little pretty Kara is about to have her baby girl, any day now hopefully. I love Kara she's Roma ann's daughter so I've really grown close to her. She is so cute pregnant but I have no pics of that. She was in the hospital room when Liam was born and I'm glad she was not to long after she found out she was pregnant so she got a glimpse of her upcoming labor. Anyways we are so excited for her and her husband Skyler. She will make a great mommy.
Mommy to be number two is this gorgeous lady, Alana. She's so funny and again she too will make a great mom both these cousins have stout blood so of course they'll be great! Alana's had some health challenges to overcome but man are we super excited she's expecting. She's going to have a little boy (which I predicted through some witch doctor magnet trick) She's due in June or July I can't remember. I can't wait to see her babies lips both her and her husband Steve have great lips and I lurve lips. If Tami P is reading I still think you have the best lips of all I always thought that.

Now if you have a hubby you're kinda upset at do not continue to read because believe me you'll be even more upset because of what Mommy number one's husband did for her, I remember my husband said "Come on Skyler give a guy a chance after seeing what he did for his wife" Skyler without ever even attempting something like this worked for months building this for his little girl and his wife
he even sewed the bedding. He bought the wood took some measurments of a crib Kara had wanted and then when she got back from a family trip around Valentines day he had rose petals leading her to this. She thought he'd bought it it looks so great. As if that wasn't enough he made her THIS meal Steak, lobster he cooked it!!! Man what a guy. Both of these girls hubby's are some of Daniel's favorite people and he loves when Skyler and Steve come down (which they need to do more often)

Finally as I was pilfering images off of facebook I found these and I was laughing because it is typical of any of the stout cousins in fact I went through a few just to see and yup I found some so here is a short tribute to the stout girls who when the time comes you want on your side
Kara
Alana
Sierra
Joy
amanda
Shauna.... there is probably a lot more but this post is long enough.

5 comments:

Alana said...

sus- you crack me up. when i said i wanted you to post i didnt mean about me. but it is a great post nonetheless. and i am so glad that daniel loves my hub and skyler- cuz they sure love a good time with him too... i cant wait to come down again soon... sadly tho it will probably be memorial day- realistically speaking...love you!

Alana said...

o and thanks for the compliment on the lips! i think steven has great lips... mine not so much- but thank you!

Joy Boggess said...

susie, you are the cutest! i loved this post and i can't wait to see pics of your apartment! and no, it's not bad that it's them and not you. silly. :) and thanks for the tribute! i look so intimidating in that picture don't i? love ya!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you listened to Alana! Thanks for the tribute. I lub it. And I lub you! I totally agree about Skyler, i mean what the heck? How am I supposed to find a guy when people are setting ym expectations so high!? :)

Kelsey Peterson said...

You are funny. You have your own cute kids that you don't need to wish it was you.
Definitely an overachiever husband. (okay that sounds mean but I got to defend my husband) haha. It's really cute.
The shooting pictures are so fun! I haven't been to your blog in a while but I must say too your kids are so darn cute.
And I have to say too....thanks for those pomegranates. They were delicious and you are on my friend forever list now because of it.